Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Information Technology (IT)
Job Description & Summary
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You'll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth.
Our Automation Engineer and Innovation team helps clearly articulate technology requirements and the business demand for automation and innovation solutions, influence senior stakeholders, and build a strong foundation to grow and scale. You'll deliver powerful and differentiated automation and innovation solutions enabling the business strategy of the Firm and evolving to accommodate changes as needed.
The role is to devise and design business process requirements for all IT-related business, financial, and operations systems critical to core organizational functions. This includes researching and analyzing data in support of business functions, process knowledge, and systems requirements. The Analyst is also responsible for proactively generating and compiling reports based on his or her findings, complete with recommended improvements to - or new requirements for - business processes and operational procedures. This individual
will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of IT system investments and to assist in implementing new computer systems.
- Chart existing business processes in order to define current business activities for the development of procedures and models.
- Meet with decision-makers, systems owners, and end-users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Prototype new procedures for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives for improving processes in operating systems across the organization.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment (ROI) analyses for proposed changes to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Identify and establish the scope and parameters of process analysis in order to define impact, outcome criteria, and measure-taking actions
Acquisition & Deployment
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Assist in conducting research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Develop, standardize, and maintain new or improved processes based on findings and analysis.
- Communicate process changes, enhancements, and modifications - verbally or through written documentation - to management, peers, staff, and other employees so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmers.
- Liaise with various business groups in the organization to facilitate the implementation of new or improved business processes.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new processes, and other post-implementation support.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of business administration, computer science, finance, or management information systems.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modelling/mapping, methodology development, and data modelling.
- Experience overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Proven experience in the operation and analysis of database hardware, software, and standards, as well as data retrieval methodologies and mainframe applications.
- Extensive practical knowledge in importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flowcharts.
- Ability to create systematic and manual operations procedures in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to apply statistical and other research methods into systems issues and products as required.
- Excellent understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Able to exercise independent judgement and take action on it.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard or mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.