Job description / Role
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the in-house talent team at EY, providing support to and ensuring efficient delivery of HR services to the business that will enable EY to deliver its strategy
We call our human resources group the Talent Team, and this reflects how important our people are to the success of the EY organization. Working with the Talent Team, you'll help develop and execute our people strategy, which provides the programs, measures and tools that help employees achieve their goals.
Your key responsibilities
As a lead talent consultant, you will be responsible for providing consultative support to multiple service lines, ensuring efficient and effective delivery of HR services. You will be involved in discussions with the business to develop the talent agenda based on the business needs and drivers. Other key responsibilities include:
- Proactively monitor SL performance in the cluster, identifying people issues, providing the business with analysis, insights and advice to help drive business performance; coordinate with HR Enablement for any improvements in HR service delivery
- Along with Total Reward team, provide advice to the business on compensation & benefit programs, flexible working, health and well-being programs that will have an impact on employee engagement, retention and performance
- Work closely with the business and Talent Development (EYU) team to support the development of leadership within the SL
- Obtain feedback regarding effective delivery of HR services to the business and communicate to the HR Enablement team
- Work closely with talent consultants to ensure timely delivery of HR services to the business such as induction programs, annual plans, appraisals, salary reviews, promotions, exit procedures, etc.
- Monitor operational services, provide feedback to the HR Enablement team as required to continuously improve service delivery
- Pro-actively manage activities to reduce under-performance within the cluster
- Ensure compliance to local regulations and manages risks (e.g., performance management risk)
- Respond to complex and urgent employee queries relevant to their SL(s) that have been escalated
- Advise the cluster on PMDP process and facilitate performance/talent reviews and moderation discussions where necessary
- Support the business in the event of any high potential exits and take pro-active steps along with business to manage such instances
Skills and attributes for success
- Engaging key business stakeholders outside of key meetings, processes and transactions to build open and trusting relationships
- Identifying and driving the sharing of best practices across functions to facilitate continuous improvement
- Commercial and pragmatic approach balanced with a high degree of sensitivity and discretion
- Strong communication whether verbal or written, and the ability to communicate with all levels within the organization
To qualify for the role you must have
- 5-7 years' experience working in a similar role within a human resource function
- Knowledge of HR systems, basic HR measurement and process improvement preferred
- Deep knowledge of HR policies, processes and talent management practices
Ideally, you'll also have
- Time and project management skills - able to plan and manage time effectively and flex up and down to deal with key priorities
- CIPD qualification, or will look to pursue the qualification within a year
What we look for
As a trusted advisor to our business/service lines with a strong HR background, you will have the ability to support multiple service lines. You will also have experience in talent development, performance management and workforce planning.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognised for the value you bring to the business. We also offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy, transaction and consulting services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region