Job description / Role
Tax & Legal Services - Legal Delivery Centre - Associate - Amman
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
The mission of the LDM is simple: to better enable PwC Legal to deliver world class legal solutions to our clients. We do that by bringing our skills and experience to provide legal services in a new way, using technology and creative thinking to solve our clients' toughest challenges.
You will be a graduate with a legal background looking for something different in the legal services industry. Working as part of a growing team in our new office in Jordan, you will find yourself at the forefront of legal technology and legal services. You will be connected to over 70 colleagues in PwC Legal across the region, and will have the opportunity to develop your legal career as the practice builds. As an Associate you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution across multiple jurisdictions and a wide range of practice groups including Corporate & Commercial, Employment, NewLaw, Projects, Energy, Capital Markets and Fintech & Financial Services. On a typical day, you could be researching cryptocurrencies laws and regulations or using the latest AI tools to extract key variables from thousands of contracts.
You'll have professional development and technical upskilling to help you thrive. You'll work with inspiring people in a culture passionate about making a difference and be given internal training and world-class mentors within reach every day.
Role and responsibilities
The role will be varied and cover both internal and client-facing activities. We expect the role to include the following but the role will be to support PwC Legal across a full range of activities:
- Working with legal technology such as document automation, AI and CLM solutions
- Preparing, reviewing, comparing, formatting and redacting documents and reports
- Supporting with due diligence projects
- Updating, monitoring and running reports on our legal entity management system
- Creating, tailoring and updating proposals, credentials, flyers and other business development collateral
- Conducting legal research and translations
- Creating closing checklists
- Assisting with the creation of proposals, brochures, placemats and presentations
- Supporting with managed legal services activities
- Supporting with client onboarding processes
Who we are looking for
- Be a recent graduate with a degree in Law
- Fluent English and Arabic speakers
- Be naturally curious, eager to take the initiative, enjoy testing ideas to find better ways of doing things and are good at balancing a bold spirit with a sensible risk appetite
- Enthusiastic and proactive with a commitment to getting the job done
- Eager to know more about legal technology and keeping up-to-date with technical developments in the legal sector
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in written form
- Strong time management skills
- Strong research skills
- Advanced skills in the Google and Microsoft suites of products
- Want to seek opportunities to learn about other cultures and other parts of the business across the network of PwC firms
- Uphold our code of ethics and business conduct policies
What we can offer you
- Competitive base salary
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Flexible working approach
- Private healthcare coverage
- Mental health & health and wellbeing resources
- Family and social events, including charity and social committees
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.