Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
• Experienced BUC required to take responsibility for supporting the business operations of one or more medium/large practices, for all processes from project kick-off to project closure. The role involves daily operations & processes, community building, support of sales and people processes and management.
• The right kind of candidate will offer strategic support and handle operations for practice financials and account management in liaison with the Business Unit's Partners, Directors and the Business Unit Finance Analyst(s). The candidate must be comfortable working with numerous internal support departments on projects relating to our people, marketing & knowledge management.
• The successful candidate will report predominantly to the Business Unit Leader and Business Unit COO who form the Business Unit's leadership team, and the Partners & Directors within their business unit.
• You will also report to the Advisory Finance team leader, providing updates which will go directly to the Middle East Deals Leadership Team (DET).
• Your local Finance Manager will provide guidance regarding compliance with relevant territory policies and procedures.
• Actively share knowledge within one's own team and across Business Units and promote best practices in respect of the firm's business systems and processes. Provide training, coaching and support to other team members as needed.
• Liaising with the regional and global teams where relevant to improve individual working relations and understand the processes that are undertaken as part of an international team's involvement from start to finish.
• Working alongside the Business Unit Leader as the Operations Coordinator and provide data, information, reports and particularly KPIs relating to the Business Unit. Support the Business Unit Leader as required in addressing business opportunities and development.
• Through observation and understanding of the operation of the Business Unit, contribute improvement and development ideas and proposals as appropriate.
• Support BU growth by the organisation of various internal and external business unit activities as agreed with the Business Unit Leader. Specifically plan and prepare quarterly business review meetings, practice meetings, and monthly team meetings to include logistics, agenda creation, meeting support, and report creation. Ensure that all compliance requirements for new engagements and contracts are met fully and exceptions reported.
• Work closely with peers and team members at all levels, sharing knowledge and providing support where needed.
• On a monthly basis, analyse and report (vs budget) project revenue across territories for each partner and for the BU.
• Maintain billing, provisions and adjustments as necessary and to contract/policy.
• Maintain a dialogue with the Finance team in order to reconcile and verify reported data.
• Maintain accurate records of backlog, reconcile and report to Finance monthly.
• Reconcile the backlog against actual data after each rollover.
• Enter own time and expenses in accordance with firm's policy and monitor BU staff/ partner performance reporting any issues to the relevant partners particularly drawing attention to backlogs and potential consequences
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.