Job description / Role
Souq.com an Amazon Subsidiary is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 40 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including Fashion, Books, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Household Goods, Watches, Perfumes, Toys, and Baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
- Manage Content teams, responsible for maintaining SLA's, daily flow, scheduling, etc...
- Handling queries and escalations from agents, ex. with systems and tools, and clarifying policy guidelines.
- Oversee delivery of first class customer support through email, phone and chat for multiple properties and languages.
- Ensuring highest quality standards and administration of content audit process.
- Liaise with and provide support to internal & external customers as needed.
- Metric driven, analyzing and reporting on team productivity and delivery of targets to Operations Manager.
- Conducting 1:1 meetings and employee reviews (monthly, quarterly and annual performance reviews) and giving feedback; contributing to employee development planning.
- Train new hires and current on areas requiring learning improvement.
- Foster team spirit and high employee morale.
- 4+ years of direct experience in Leading a web Content and/or Customer Care operations environment, managing multi lingual, Multinational and multi shifts & Multi skilled teams.
- Previous managerial experience within an ecommerce or Internet related environment.
- Adept at content management processes and tools.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, leading large teams and managing managers
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated success in monitoring and coordinating a large multi skilled team with metric driven performance and productivity.
- Ability Multitask, with effective resolution of conflicting priorities.
- Ability to promptly handle work related emergencies anytime.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Flawless command of both English and Arabic languages.
- Advanced computer skills, including knowledge of Windows programs, Microsoft Office, Internet, search engines and browsers.
- Technical background is a plus.
About the Company
Souq.com - the Middle East's online marketplace.
We connect people and products - opening up a world of possibility. From bracelets and backpacks to tablets and toy cars - we give you access to everything you need and want. Our range is unparalleled, and our prices unbeatable.
Driven by smart technology, everything we do is designed to put the power directly in your hands - giving you the freedom to shop however, whenever and wherever you like.
We're trusted by millions, because we don't just deliver to your doorstep, we were born here. With Souq.com you'll always be getting a good deal - with exceptional service that makes your shopping experience as easy and seamless as possible.