Job description / Role
Exceptional service and cuisine are hallmarks of the Fairmont Hotels & Resorts dining experience. As Pastry Chef, the creativity and culinary skills you bring to the Pastry team will create spectacular desserts that bring a delectable end to every memorable meal.
The Fairmont Amman will feature 317 luxurious guestrooms and suites including Fairmont Gold, the brand’s hotel within a hotel featuring amenities such as private reception and guest lounge. The hotel’s food and beverage offerings will provide unique concepts designed to add flair and sophistication to an already exciting city.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Leading and managing the quality and quantity of the Pastry Department
- Coordinating the production for banquet functions, weddings, events and restaurants
- Developing new desserts, pastries and bread products including recipes
- Controlling payroll costs and productivity within budget; includes efficient team scheduling
- Assisting with recruitment, training and development of all Pastry chefs including performance management
- Leading colleague meetings and effectively communicating relevant information
- Developing and maintaining an effective inventory process
- Preparing and presenting various reports and related documentation
- Participating in pre-conference meetings with clients and pertinent departments to confirm all relevant details are communicated
- Conducting and/or attending daily meeting to review event contracts and ensure effective communications are maintained with appropriate departments
- Balancing operational, administrative and colleague needs
- Following all policies, procedures and service standards as well as all health, safety and sanitation policies
- Other related duties as assigned
- Diploma/Certification from an accredited culinary school required
- 7 years' experience working in all areas of a large hotel kitchen, 5 years of which in a senior leadership role in a Pastry Department within a luxury hotel preferred
- European flair and background.
- Working knowledge of executing large banquets an asset
- Working knowledge of sugar work/chocolate skills an asset
- Financial management skills with a proven record for efficiently managing resources
- Proven ability to recruit, lead, manage, train and develop a large diverse team
- Demonstrated record for creativity and quality
- Exceptional leadership, management and team building skills
- Essential skills include customer service, communication, organization, strong interpersonal, multi-tasking and problem-solving
- Must be accountable
- Ability to consistently perform effectively and cohesively under pressure in a fast paced, multi-cultural environment as part of a team
- Ability to learn related computerized systems
- Proficient with MS Office applications required
- Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Jordon.
Apply Today: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment.
About Frhi Hotels & Resorts
As a leader in the global hospitality industry, we provide global hospitality expertise and resources that enhance the value of our leading hotel brands – Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, Raffles Hotels & Resorts and Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts. Recognized as a top employer, FRHI’s corporate culture encourages professional development and growth opportunities from within, building a loyal and experienced colleague base who are passionate about providing guests with a unique and meaningful travel experience. Our teams are guided by values of respect, teamwork, integrity, accountability and excellence. We employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Known by travelers throughout the globe, world-class properties in our unrivalled hotel portfolio include The Fairmont Banff Springs, Raffles Hotel, Singapore, Fairmont Peace Hotel, Swissôtel The Bosphorus, and the famed Savoy in London. The company is also focused on growth and has a robust development pipeline of new hotels that will open around the world over the next five years. For more information, please visit frhi.com.
About the Company
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London's The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world's largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests