Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Human Capital (HC)
Job Description & Summary
The country finance support forms a key team within the OneFinance community for PwC ME. The team is responsible for all day to day finance operations in country and for the smooth running of finance requirements for countries.
The Job Holder is a key member of the team, responsible for the day to day support and administration required. Responsible for performing accounting work according to PwC Approved accounting principles, established procedures, departmental guidelines, and regulatory requirements applicable to the work.
Additionally responsible for the day to day support and administration required within the delivery of account payable services.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for supporting the daily finance tasks arising locally in country including country finance processing requirements
- Supporting the finance senior officer and manager providing task management as required
- Responsible for collating and processing all invoices received for Accounts Payable
- Supporting the matching of invoices to LPOs / accruals and following up on any consultation with procurement / purchaser
- Ensure all country finance matters are addressed and promptly responded to
- Support the on-time and accurate finance requirements of the country (CSP / COO) Finance Manager
- Support the monthly closing of accounts and finalizing monthly accounts
- Respond to ad-hoc requests in a timely manner
- Monitor and ensure proper documentation of employee payments
- Prepare standardised reports or summaries, and other documentation required for the function and as directed
- Conform with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
Learning & Growth
- Adhere to policies and procedures
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- College level education with a focus in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- Fluency in spoken and written English with excellent communication skills, proficiency in Arabic is an advantage
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Strong financial, analytical and accounting skills
- Good level of accuracy to a high level of detail
- Good calculation and analytical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Good organisation and office management skills to ensure coverage of workload
- Organization, thoroughness, eye for detail, time management skills and proactivity needed
- Capability to work well in a team
- Good liaison skills
- Good customer service skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ethical Conduct
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.