Job description / Role
The Compliance Operations (C-Ops) team ensures that Amazon transactions satisfy legal and safety requirements in accordance to the guidelines across global marketplaces. We proactively identify risks involved for Amazon while doing business in various countries and enable smooth flow of products across international borders. A Compliance Associate is responsible for protecting Amazon customers from products that are illegal, hazardous, unsafe, or otherwise prohibited /regulated by Law and Amazon policies. Duties may also include defining, applying, and defending regulatory policy and contractual requirements.
Your job responsibilities as a Compliance Associate may include:
• Report violations of rules, regulations, policies, and procedures by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative and corrective procedures
• Classify products based on SOP
• Follow SOP and instructions provided by managers
• Provides ideas for process improvements to enhance process efficiency, quality and customer experience
• Respond to stakeholders with guidance and flags any updates to Lead/Manager
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; business or technical background is considered an advantage;
• 1 – 2 years of work experience or background in data-driven business operations processes is considered an advantage;
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English;
• Good working knowledge of MS Office; MS Outlook, and MS Excel proficiency is an advantage;
• Strong attention to details;
• Commitment to meet Deadlines;
• Ability to analyze and identify patterns in large data sets;
• Decision making aptitudes based on given guidelines and in ambiguous contexts;
• Must be comfortable working with large data sets;
• Very good knowledge and experience in internet navigation and research and finding specific information about products in a timely manner.
• Ability to attend custom work hours as required, and handle promptly work related emergency when they occur
• Knowledge of Restricted Products in MENA Region
• Basic SQL skills
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.