Job description / Role
Souq.com an Amazon Subsidiary is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 40 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including Fashion, Books, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Household Goods, Watches, Perfumes, Toys, and Baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for the product roadmap planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: analyzing product scorecards to identify projects to meet company goals and objectives, prioritizing projects and features, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering team to ensure smooth projects delivery on time. The Product Manager's job also includes ensuring that the product supports the company's overall strategy and goals.
This is a position where you will be empowered to have a significant responsibility, offering fantastic projects and features to improve the customer experience of the region leading e-commerce platform. Candidates must have a strong commercial focus.
- Define projects OKR's to roll up with the company OKR's.
- Research and Define projects, features and ideas to meet your OKR's.
- Document your projects features (Create PRD's).
- Ownership and briefing for projects of varying length and complexity.
- Prioritize your projects based on value to your OKR's vs effort.
- Breakdown your projects into stories & releases.
- Work with business stakeholders to plan for product vision and strategy.
- Document and communicate your projects internally to give visibility on your projects.
- Manage dependencies with other departments on cross-departments projects.
Liaise with the engineering, design and QE teams to achieve the following:
- Priorities your stories in the backlog.
- Plan and start the sprints.
- Ensure team commitment to release data.
- Manage and follow up the releases.
- Achieve the optimal implementation of changes to the site.
- Investigate refer/resolve bugs that are reported for the features you build.
- Document the details and impact of experiments and new features.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience as a Product Manager or a similar role.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent degree (MBA is a plus).
- Strong commercial focus and the ability to prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Pragmatic and results-focused; driven to manage projects full cycle.
- Able to work well independently and within a team; good communication skills with a "can do" attitude toward problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiar with Agile development methodology.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Applicants with specialist knowledge and experience in warehouse operations, ERP and fulfillment background will be considered with priority.
- Innovation / Flexibility.
- Judgment Decision Making.
- Communicating Effectively.
About the Company
Souq.com - the Middle East's online marketplace.
We connect people and products - opening up a world of possibility. From bracelets and backpacks to tablets and toy cars - we give you access to everything you need and want. Our range is unparalleled, and our prices unbeatable.
Driven by smart technology, everything we do is designed to put the power directly in your hands - giving you the freedom to shop however, whenever and wherever you like.
We're trusted by millions, because we don't just deliver to your doorstep, we were born here. With Souq.com you'll always be getting a good deal - with exceptional service that makes your shopping experience as easy and seamless as possible.