Job description / Role
American International Contractors, Inc. (AICI ) has established itself as one of the leading American construction firms in the Middle East, Northern Africa and Europe. Our major clients include U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of State and US Agency for International Development (USAID). We continue to win important contracts and projects throughout the region and require quality personnel to meet our corporate goals. We have a culture of innovation where our employees can make a difference and are looking for dynamic individuals to come and join our team. Our employees are our most valuable resource, and we strive to ensure that every one of them is treated as such. In keeping with this philosophy, we offer a competitive benefits package including: Health insurance (medical, dental, vision), paid federal holidays, long- and short- term disability, life insurance, paid vacation, and a 401K matching program.
AICI is seeking a Project Manager to lead a recently awarded design bid build project, valued at $80M, at MuwaffaqSalti Air Base (MSAB) in Jordan. The Project Manager must have at least ten (10) years' experience in construction with at least five (5) of those years as Project Manager on projects similar in size ($80M) and complexity.
This project includes construction of fully-designed facilities, utilities, and any infrastructure improvements (including site demolition, grading, site development, fencing and AT/FP wall construction, roadways and parking pavement, water, sewer, electrical generation and distribution, communications, fire protection, airfield lighting, airfield paving and marking. Facilities for this project include airlift apron, personal recovery/SOF apron, CAS/ISR apron, ISR aircraft shelters, CAS aircraft sunshades, cargo marshalling yard, TMO/warehouse, hot cargo apron, utilities, site improvements, paving, necessary associated airfield markings, grounding and tie-down points, and lighting.
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall success, safety and timely completion of the construction project. This person will plan and manage project construction activities and schedules and provide technical consultation to project teams, government agencies and clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
• Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities
• Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope
• Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client
• Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards
• Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures
• Minimizes AICI’s exposure and risk on the project
• Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
• Manages project budget
• Facilitates team and client meetings effectively
• Effectively communicates project information to superiors
• Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
• Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties
• Other duties as directed by the Operations Manager
Physical, Mental and Environmental Demands:
The demands described here are not exhaustive, but are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions in accordance with applicable law, provided that the individual does not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of others when performing such essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, among other things, use hands to grasp and reach up with arms overhead, including manual dexterity to operate office equipment, filing, and perform specialized skills. The employee must have the ability to stoop, squat, stand, walk, twist, balance, climb (ladder and stairs of high-rise buildings), kneel, crouch, speak, carry, and hear. The employee must have the ability to lift, carry, push or pull and move up to 15 pounds of weight without assistance. The job imposes a demand for physical agility and mobility, including the ability to maneuver safely throughout the work site and be able to walk long distances around the work site for an extended period of time. This position will require the use of personal protective equipment during various tasks and activities. The employee must be able to hear warning sounds and alarms, communicate effectively with coworkers and follow spoken directions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The position requires a high degree of concentration in a busy environment. There is a substantial demand for analyzing, perceiving, comprehending, rapid decision making and exercising sound judgment to ensure individual and coworker safety in a potentially dangerous environment. Ability to follow directions and meet deadlines is critical.
The position entails working on a busy construction site overseas, generally away from the employee’s family, and in countries whose laws and social norms may be much more restrictive than in the United States, with the potential for occasional periods of social unrest, military action, interruption of normal services such as electricity and water, natural disasters, and the like.
Work involves a 60-hour workweek, 6 days a week/ 10 hours per day. Flexibility with hours/days is required. Individuals must have comfort working in a high-stress environment and be able to perform the above activities in extreme hot, cold, humid, and wet conditions. Frequent exposure to construction equipment and sharp tools, including power tools, and materials. May involve frequent repetitive motions. Some exposure to toxic/caustic chemicals, potential electric shock, significant heights and high noise level, including high-pitched noises. Some potential exposure to dust, fumes, smoke and airborne particles.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by individuals assigned this position. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, physical job demands and working conditions associated with the position.
Knowledge, Experience and Special Skills Required:
• A minimum of ten (10) years' experience in construction with at least five (5) of those years as Project Manager on projects similar in size ($80M) and complexity.
• Experience in all aspects of design/build contract execution
• Familiar with the requirements of EM 385-1-1 and have experience in the areas of hazard identification and safety compliance
• Capable of interpreting a critical path schedule and construction drawings
• Knowledge of scheduling and organization techniques
• Experience working as the General Contractor on projects from start to completion
• Previous experience with U.S. Corps of Engineers and/or U.S. Government overseas contracts
• Full knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
• Possess strong leadership, communication and negotiation skills
• Must be willing to work overseas
• International construction industry experience interacting with various diverse cultures
• Experience working on firm fixed price projects
About the Company
AICI has a proven track record of successfully completing a wide range of projects in various locations throughout the Middle East, Africa, Asia, and Europe. Since 1974, AICI has served clients in both the public and private sectors. Its public sector clients include U.S. government agencies such as the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), the Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC), the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), and the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations (OBO).
AICI provides versatility in the manner in which it delivers its projects to the client, including the design-build process and execution of the construction effort through self-performance or management of subcontractors. This versatility enables AICI to provide its clients with quality facilities, on time and safely, at the best value for their investment.
|Abu Dhabi||15 May|
Senior Projects Manager / Operations Manager
Big Fish Recruitment
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Project Manager Construction - Hotel/Resort