Job description / Role
Who You Are
• You are a sharp, experienced software quality engineer with strong problem-solving skills, a solid software testing foundation.
• You are a talented, detail, oriented and enthusiastic tester who is passionate about quality and is enthusiastic about the new cutting edge technology offered to consumers.
• You will design, plan, execute and automate tests for software across a variety of n-tier architectures and cutting-edge technologies.
Who We Are
The Souq Integration Team is building a team to help expand Amazon's footprint in Jordan. Our QA/SDET team will play a pivotal role in this program, with the mission to build and execute a streamlined QA process for the new business initiative. This is a rare opportunity to be part of a team that is responsible for building a successful, sustainable and strategic business for Amazon, from the ground up.
• At a strategic level, our QA team will help drive the software development process towards quality-centric methodologies.
• The QA team will also drive efficiencies in the QA process and invest appropriately in process changes, automation, tools etc to reduce the overall QA effort for the product.
• The goal of our QA team is to build a comprehensive test suite that will be utilized to validate the solution in a scalable and repeatable manner.
• The QA team identifies use cases and creates test plans, defines test strategies and creates test cases to validate software design via manual and automated tests.
• Find opportunities for improvements in systems, tools and processes, as well as drive these improvements across the development groups.
• Work closely with the development groups that enhance and maintain the applications that make up the product and the underlying services that drive them.
• Write automated tests with Scripting tools and/or user-level automated tools.
• Responsible for understanding the domain and the product in detail and coming up with the test strategy/planning, developing test cases, driving the test case sign-off processes with the stakeholders, and test execution and reporting.
• Create and document test plans for end to end user scenarios
• Deploy services through test and production stages
• Execute periodic manual and automated test cases
• Investigate and reproduce bugs and drive fixes through test and production stages
• Develop manual and automated UI tests
• Implement test runner scripts in Perl or Shell
• Prepare datasets in test and production databases
• Improve end to end testing of legacy services
• Identify and debug test automation failures
• Coordinate testing across disciplines and teams
• Bachelor's in CS or related field +2 years of experience or Master's and 2 years of experience in software quality assurance
• Proficiency in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++, or C#
• Proven familiarity with automation testing tools
• Excellent QA aptitude and ability to drive process improvements
• Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
• Ability to write test plans and test strategy documents
• Ability to understand functional/technical specifications and analyze data
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Is innovative, can simplify, and has relentlessly high standards
• Can juggle testing of multiple releases with multiple dependencies
• Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment utilizing virtual machines
• Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience developing product test harnesses
• Experience with open source tools and resources
• Creativity and the initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
• Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
• Responsible for creation/modification of appropriate test tools that can be used for data verification.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.