Job description / Role
Amazon's Emerging Countries Fulfillment Tech team is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer who is passionate about building great, high quality products for our customers. At a strategic level, our QA team will help drive the software development process towards quality-centric methodologies. The QA team will also drive efficiencies in the QA process and invest appropriately in process changes, automation, tools etc to reduce the overall QA effort for the product. The QA team identifies use cases and creates test plans, defines test strategies and creates test cases to validate software design.
The Quality Assurance Engineer role will be based in Amman/Jordan and requires the following:
· Understanding the domain and the product in detail to review user stories.
· Conducting functional regression testing, integration testing and automation.
· Evaluating product functionality and creating test plans and test cases to assess product quality.
· Efficiently executing test cases across all functional areas of our products
· Finding, isolating, documenting, regressing, and tracking bugs through resolution
· Working with Software Development Engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented
· Ensuring the highest quality product delivery, working with a team of quality engineering professionals
· Finding opportunities for improvements in systems, tools and processes, as well as driving these improvements across the development groups
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
· Minimum 2 years experience in software quality assurance
· Ability to understand technical specifications and review user stories to build test plans and test cases.
· Strong Knowledge of the different phases of a test lifecycle and testing methodologies and tools
· Ability to execute test cases, report bugs and generate test reports.
· Strong ability to communicate (verbal/written) effectively with employees in the company in both technical and non-technical roles
· Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
· Experience with Java or another OO language
· Familiarity with automation testing tools such as Selenium
· Ability to troubleshoot and update automation scripts
· Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.