Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Finance
Job Description & Summary
Payroll Team is a key team within the Finance Team in PwC ME, delivering Payroll activities for the ME region (GCC and Levant countries). The Job Holder is a senior member of the Team working to ensure all payroll activities are completed on time and according to approved policies and processes.Adheres to PwC approved accounting principles, established procedures, departmental guidelines, and regulatory requirements applicable to the work. Responsible for delivery of day to day activities relating to the payment of salaries, Taxes, benefits and allowances and reconciliations as well as any discretionary disbursements (e.g. Loans) to staff. Prepares and documents payroll checks, payroll taxes and employee benefit payments
- Lead team of payroll specialists executing payroll for 6,000+ staff across the Middle East
- Responsible for ensuring the highest level of quality assurance and controls over this sensitive area
- Close working relationship across HC processing hub, country finance teams and HC business leads to ensure quick and timely resolution of any pending issues
- Drive transformation of processes, adoption of new payroll and finance ecosystem to ensure efficient processes end to end
- Responsible for the accurate calculation of individuals payroll and expenses
- Supervise preparations and documentation of payroll checks, social security deductions and employee benefit payments, as well as appropriate loan/finance deductions.
- Determine payroll liabilities by calculating payroll taxes, employer's social security and DEWS as relevant.
- Pay approved expense claims
- Deduct any inappropriate spend notified from finance
- Manage the Payroll team in the processing of payroll activities ensuring financial accuracy liaising with Country leadership / finance as required approval for approvals
- Keep up-to-date on regulatory payroll changes for all in scope jurisdictions.
- Maintain payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Ensure that all employees are paid in a timely and accurate fashion
- Respond to employee queries on payroll or expense payments
- Provide staff with confidence by ensuring confidentiality of payroll process
- Work closely with OneFinance SSC expense processing team
- Evaluate current systems, and recommend and develop operating efficiency improvements in line with the tools available within the firm
- Monitor and ensure proper documentation of employee benefit payments
- Prepare reports illustrating payroll expenditures, including such items as tax payments and benefit plan disbursements
- Review local country process in centralising payroll to ensure process efficiency
- Overseeing internal/external audits
- Overseeing the new Payroll system implementation ensuring configurations are in line with the respective countries regulatory requirements and PwC policies.
- Highlighting HC issues that are reflected in payroll and escalating where necessary
Learning & Growth
- Contribute to an environment of teamwork within the Finance function
- Responsible for the continuing professional development of self and junior team members
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field
- Minimum College education with focus in Finance, Accounting
- Fluency in written and spoken English, proficiency in Arabic would be an advantage
- 7+ years of experience in a payroll function, 3+ years in a senior role
- Demonstrated experience within payroll function
- Experience leading payroll process for a large organization
- Good Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent level of accuracy to a high level of detail
- Excellent understanding of payroll processes
- Understanding of social security payments and taxes within the ME region
- In depth understanding of payroll, benefits, and reimbursement processing procedures
- Understanding of general accounting standards and practices
- Ability to influence senior management and to maintain a strong working relationship with managers across the organization
- Good organisation and office management skills to ensure coverage of workload
- Organization, thoroughness, eye for detail, time management skills and proactivity needed
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled in maintaining client relationships
- Good liaison skills, with the ability to maintain geographical relationships
- Good people management skills
- Good decision making skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ethical Conduct
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.