Job description / Role
MBC Group is the largest satellite TV and radio network based in Dubai Media City. It broadcasts a portfolio of Arabic and Western entertainment channels as well as managing the Al Arabiya news channel. The Group currently requires an Release Manager to work within the Technical Operations Department; based in our Jordan offices to support in enhancing the Web Operations of the MBC websites and to improve productivity and output, thus improve user experience and increase traffic.
- Ensure that what is deployed to consumers of MBC digital products has followed clear and correct process.
- Define checklists such as stakeholder, engineering and QA sign offs, if products require load tests.
- Working closely with 3rd parties to understand forthcoming releases and ensuring these a planned, communicated and resources are available to test and resolve issues.
- Managing the release process and dependencies. Ensuring that accurate reporting of the release is conducted.
- Working with the project management team to ensure the deployments are planned.
- Ensure that release notes are maintained and archived in accordance to process
- Contribute to the RCA process in the event of release and production issue.
- Experience with large software development projects
- Experience working within a successful team environment
- Proactive, creative problem solving skills and able to work self directed
- Documentation of processes and procedures.
- Advocate for Configuration Management best practices
- Understanding of version control and branching strategy
Preferred Skills & Requirements:
- Experience working with cloud platforms and cloud automation tools (Chef, Puppet)
- Experience with Linux environments and scripting languages
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Grunt, Bower, Code Deploy
About the Company
MBC Group is the largest satellite TV and radio network in the Middle East based in Dubai Media City. It broadcasts a portfolio of Arabic and Western entertainment channels; as well as managing the Al Arabiya news channel and New Media platforms. The group has expanded significantly in the last several years moving from one TV and radio channel to ten TV, four radio channels and a range of broadcast and news service companies. Additionally the Group operates a number of successful websites and is aggressively expanding its internet and multiplatform operations.