Job description / Role
The role of the Release Manager is a critical part of our ongoing commitment to achieve excellence in supporting our clients. The Release Manager is responsible for establishing and administering the Branch Strategy, consolidate production ready code, coordination among stakeholders, facilitate overall production readiness of the incremental solution, and continuously strive to improve the Change and Release process for increasing efficiency.
In addition to that the candidate is required to be hands-on with code management, build and
deployment practices and in Cloud technologies.
Release Backlog Planning, leading, organizing, and motivating teams across portfolio and update the Release calendar with Feature prioritized
• Evaluate Requests for Change (RFCs), the available resources, Assess risk (impact and probability) include number of clients/systems affected, duration and scope of possible service disruption; availability of work-around; the criticality of the services being disrupted; awareness
of the impact
• Participate in the CAB and scheduling the Releases and Risk assessments.
• Mitigate Risk or impediments that affect Delivery Road Map, schedule, and quality Delivery and ensure quick resolution and communication of all issues, risks, and action items.
• Coordinating release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications
• Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
• Managing relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
• Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone, Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
Produce Deployment, Implementation Plans in Jira, and Confluence
• Weekly Release Reporting Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
• Collaborated with product owners, team members, technologists, and other scrum masters to define solutions and drive progress
• Plan agile best practices and encouraged team cohesion, overcoming impediments and hurdles to productivity
• Managed Retrospectives and implementation of process improvements into future sprint cycles continuous improvement
• Ensure seamless implementation of changes and system releases through strong release planning, change coordination, system and user acceptance testing, release, and deployment
• Degree in Computer Information Systems
• Strong log analysis and troubleshooting/Problem Solving skills
• Working knowledge of Atlassian toolset (Jira, Bamboo, Bitbucket) is mandatory
• Should have strong verbal and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of DevOps tools in context to CI/CD pipeline
• Working knowledge of Python, YML (Jinja), MAVEN, Batch Scripting
• Oracle SQL knowledge and practical experience are mandatory
• Experience of Cloud Computing/Virtual machines is mandatory
• Working knowledge of Azure, Terraform, Ansible is a plus
• Knowledge of Card Management System, SQL, Testing methodology is a plus
About the Company
maptalent are experts at delivering quality recruitment and human capital solutions across the Middle East, United States and United Kingdom.
Having highly experienced teams based out of our offices’ in Dubai, Los Angeles and Birmingham specialising in the recruitment of professionals across a wide range of sectors including contracting, power, energy, consultancy, architecture, infrastructure, fit-out and mechanical electrical engineering.
maptalent is a partner managed business with staff we consider to be the best in their field. With nearly 80 years combined international recruitment experience maptalent has capacity to provide challenging and successful recruitment solutions.
If you are looking for a position in the Middle East, USA or the UK or you are wanting to find out where maptalent can add value to your recruitment process then get in contact.