Job description / Role
Help the Group achieve one of its key business objectives of maximizing its market value through efficient and effective risk management practices.
• Develop, maintain and lead a highly effective operational risk management function for the various operational units of the Group businesses.
• Conduct a comprehensive risk assessment review of the business current readiness for “business continuity” and propose a plan of action for mitigation and recovery.
• Ensure a mechanism is in place for reporting risk opportunities and activities, including appropriate escalation procedures.
• Support various functions process of identifying and reporting of errors, exposures, losses and near misses and assist in the design of mitigation and control procedures.
• Provide support for internal and external audits of risk assessment across the Group
• Play a leading role in the relevant steering / advisory groups concerned with risk assessment / management.
USD 5,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Medical and Life insurance
• Minimum of 5 years professional working experience in the financial services sector
• Formal education: Masters in Risk Management
• Professional qualifications: FIRM – Fellow, the Institute of Risk Management; and or FCII – Fellow, the Chartered Insurance Institute and/or CIP, Chartered Insurance Practitioner.
• Knowledge of the insurance and reinsurance business.
• Understanding of Basel Operational Risk Management Framework.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills in multi location / geographic complex organizations.
About the Company
Nest Investments is a diversified international business group operating across more than 20 countries in North America, Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia Pacific.
Founded in 1989, Nest Investments was one of the pioneers of insurance in the Gulf region and has become a regional leader in the space, as well as developing significant expertise in other areas, notably real estate and banking.
The Group has grown rapidly over the past two decades and holds assets of over $5 billion today, with annual turnover in 2016 in excess of $600 million.
Senior Risk Manager
Planning & Reporting Manager
Aventus Global Talent