Job description / Role
Amazon Compliance Operations (C-Ops) ensures that every product and service provided by Amazon Consumer division meets compliance and safety policies as defined by External Regulators and Amazon Policies. C-Ops performs activities such as product classification, both independent and assisted by technology such as Machine Learning, compliance documents reviews, syntax authoring, Selling Partner issue resolution, and quality audits. Via these actions, we coordinate transactions that are regulated such as storage, shipping, sale, and import/export. We are also responsible for keeping Amazon customers safe and informed by coordinating actions around product recalls. These actions include removing recalled/restricted products from the site and from our Fulfilment Centers, and contacting customers with pertinent safety information.
As a Senior Compliance Associate, you will get multiple opportunities to develop your functional expertise within the processes described above. In addition, we offer the autonomy to make decisions, implement ideas, and measure results.
Your job responsibilities as a Senior Compliance Associate may include:
· Classify products based on Standard Operating Procedures within task metrics such as Quality , Productivity and SLA.
· Write syntaxes which auto-classify similar products under a specific policy.
· Respond to product compliance issues raised by internal and external stakeholders such as Vendor Managers, Area Managers or Amazon Selling Partners.
In addition, you may be expected to take on a larger organizational role via the following actions:
· Initiate and implement initiatives to enhance process, quality, efficiency and customer experience.
· Conduct training and mentoring sessions for colleagues.
· Analyze quality and process issues to determine and implement corrective and preventive actions.
· Bachelor’s degree in any discipline is preferred;
· 1-2 years of experience in data-driven business operations processes;
· Strong written and verbal communication skills in English (B2 Level);
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word and web browsers (e.g. Chrome, Mozilla Firefox).
· Strong attention to details and decision-making abilities based on given guidelines in ambiguous contexts;
· Knowledge of product compliance regulations (e.g. Trade Compliance, Dangerous Goods);
· Knowledge of basic SQL;
· Proficiency in other languages (e.g. German, French, Spanish, Italian, Turkish, etc
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.