Job description / Role
The Product Compliance teams ensure that Amazon transactions satisfy legal and safety requirements. We coordinate the aspects of product transactions that are regulated (distribution, shipping, sale, and import/export). This involves analyzing product import documentation and flagging hazardous risks. We are also responsible for keeping Amazon customers safe and informed by coordinating actions around product safety recalls. These actions include removing recalled/restricted products from the site and from our warehouses, and contacting customers with pertinent safety information.
Your job responsibilities as a Senior Compliance Associate may include:
- Proactively moderate (review) all types of product listings and generated content in Arabic & English.
- Ensure that the imported products have been tested in certified laboratories and that they comply with the legal requirements of the importing country;
- Classify products based on their potential hazardous risk, for regulatory storage and transportation purposes;
- Take appropriate actions in order to protect customers from recalled or unsafe products;
- Identify and remove from the website products that violate our Restricted Products policies and proactively satisfy Amazon’s regulatory obligations for these products.
- Edit and/or create content implementing related guidelines, including translation for attributes and titles.
- Provide feedback about unusual items, unavailable types or attributes.
- Research to find and/or verify provided data.
In addition to the core responsibilities listed above, you will be expected to take on a larger organizational role. These can include tasks such as:
- Identifying improvement opportunities.
- Training and mentoring other Associates;
- Analyzing quality and process issues and recommending corrective actions;
- Flagging any updates received from stakeholders on process to Lead/Manager;
- Taking part in client calls, leading and documenting the discussion.
- 2+ years of experience in compliance, logistics, shipping or import & export
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial/electrical engineering, chemistry, a relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- Flawless command of both Arabic & English Language, written and verbal.
- Ability to attend custom work hours as required, that may include customized weekends or work different shifts rotation.
- Currently eligible to work in Jordan
- 3+ years of Experience in one of the following: Trade and Regulatory compliance with government agencies, HTS & ECCN classification, BPOs, Ecommerce or Retail industry
- Fluent in a third Language
- Advanced computer skills, especially MS Excel or basic SQL.
- Knowledge of consumer product safety regulations;
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.