Job description / Role
Job Description – Sr. Compliance Associate
The Restricted Product team ensures that Amazon transactions satisfy legal and safety requirements in accordance to the guidelines across global marketplaces. We proactively identify risks involved for Amazon while doing business in various countries and enable smooth flow of products across international borders. A Sr. Compliance Associate is responsible for protecting Amazon customers from products that are illegal, hazardous, unsafe, or otherwise prohibited /regulated by Law and Amazon policies. Duties may also include defining, applying, and defending regulatory policy and contractual requirements.
Your job responsibilities as a Sr. Compliance Associate may include:
- Report violations of rules, regulations, policies, and procedures by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative and corrective procedures
- Classify products based on SOP
- Follow SOP and instructions provided by managers
- Provides ideas for process improvements to enhance process efficiency, quality and customer experience
- Respond to stakeholders with guidance and flags any updates to Lead/Manager
- Proficiency in verbal & written communication in English
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, MS Outlook; MS Excel proficiency is an advantage.
- Strong attention to details.
- Ability to analyze and identify patterns in large data sets.
- Decision making aptitudes based on given guidelines and in ambiguous contexts.
- Must be comfortable working with large data sets.
- Very good knowledge and experience in internet navigation and research – finding specific information about products in a timely manner.
- Ability to handle business requirements as they occur, that can include customized weekends or work different shifts.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience - 1-5 years of experience in data-driven business operations processes – Business Process Outsourcing, Operations processes; Database management is an added advantage
- Experience in regulatory compliance management with government agencies - SQL Skills
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.