Job description / Role
Senior Consultant-Assistant Manager, Internal Controls Over Financial Reporting, Jordan
From small businesses to some of the world's best-known brands, our clients across the MENA region count on reliable financial statements, information, and processes to inform their on-going strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data - and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You will use your professional skills and experience to create value for clients and serve clients in the MENA region across a broad range of clients and industries.
Our tailored services help build trust and confidence in investor reporting and capital markets through transparency, clarity, and consistency.
Our MENA based EY Member Firms are seeking qualified accountants with deep knowledge of internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR), including controls design and implementation, and remediation of deficiencies. You will work with a broad range of companies with various reporting requirements, and at various stages in their ICFR lifecycle, including working with companies which are subject to local ICFR rules in MENA, US SOX reporting requirements, and UK SOX/Corporate Reform. In this role you will contribute to the positive impacts observed by companies which have implemented effective internal controls including:
- Improvements in the quality of financial reporting, as evidenced by a significant reduction in restatements.
- Strengthened corporate governance.
- Efficiencies in financial reporting.
- Increased comfort in annual reporting and increase in investor confidence.
You will have significant interaction with senior company management teams. In your role, you will be contributing to building trust in investor reporting and capital markets. In return, our MENA based EY Member Firms will provide access to growing, global and innovative projects and high-profile transactions to support a sound and exciting development and growth journey.
This opportunity will provide extensive experience in working with a range of MENA and EY colleagues from the global network.
Your key responsibilities
- As a Senior Consultant/Assistant Manager you'll be responsible to support and develop the team and manage ICFR related engagements end-to-end, while collaborating with management, external auditors and other EY service lines to create value for clients.
- In addition, you will identify and communicate accounting & reporting trends and developments relevant to clients.
- You will consult with appropriate resources to solve complex internal controls issues for clients and participate in sales of new ICFR work.
- As a Senior Consultant/Assistant Manager, you will work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients with their unique ICFR and reporting needs.
Skills and attributes for success
- Proactivity, accountability, and results- driven people will flourish in this dynamic environment.
- Understanding client's needs and connecting this with EY solutions to create value for clients.
- Being a trusted advisor and equipped with a ICFR mindset to identify and evaluate financial reporting risks and the ability to problem solve how to address those risks efficiently and effectively for our clients.
- Dealing with competing priorities, delivering to challenging deadlines, understanding how to manage resources, and communicating effectively are key skills.
- This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant subject such as Finance, Accounting, Engineering, and a professional qualification (CPA, ACA, ACCA)
- At least three years of experience with ICFR either in an audit or advisory role
- Experience designing, identifying, implementing, and testing controls related to business processes, group wide controls, and entity level controls
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East
- The ability and willingness to amend working hours to match MENA
- Recognised accountancy qualification (US CPA or equivalent)
- Experience leading on assurance engagements in Manager role or equivalent
- Strong communication and project management skills
Ideally, you'll also have
- Three to six years of experience with a Big 4 accounting firm
- Technical knowledge of PCAOB integrated audits and SEC ICFR related reporting requirements
- Experience aggregating and evaluating deficiencies which rise to the level of significant deficiency or material weakness
- Experience with significant deficiency and/or material weakness remediation
- Experience in accounting and reporting under US GAAP or IFRS
What we look for
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand-new strategic vision both internally and externally. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation and new solutions as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey. Most importantly, you will have a global mindset and bring this to your teams and engagements.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer a growth journey which will drive significant opportunities for you with:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform, and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax, and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region