Job description / Role
Management and boards of directors rely heavily on internal audit to provide important proactive assessments and assurance around the effectiveness of controls and company processes, while also providing objective advisory support. As an internal audit professional, you will be leading engagements to identify control enhancements, operational and compliance process improvement and efficiency opportunities, as well as company-wide cost improvements. EY is a global leading service provider in this space, with a reputation for high quality and cost-effective innovative offerings.
Our structured career framework means you'll continue to develop, whatever level you're at. And with a network stretching around the globe, you'll gain valuable insight across industries and geographies. So whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
As part of our internal controls team, you'll focus on client opportunities where your expertise can make a substantial impact. You'll apply your knowledge and experience to shape our services and motivate your team. You'll build valuable relationships with clients and develop strong capabilities, through both formal training and working with senior mentors and talented colleagues.
Your key responsibilities
This is a role where no two days are the same - so you'll find yourself taking on plenty of new responsibilities as you go. In a volatile world, effective risk management protects, sustains and improves business performance. As a risk professional, you'll be focused on helping our clients develop an integrated and sustainable approach to risk and control that encompasses a holistic view of people, process and technology.
Skills and attributes for success
- Should have experience in Internal Audit, Enterprise Risk Management, other Risk Consulting engagements including Capital Projects review for Real Estate
- Shall also be involved in the development of policy manuals, SOP preparation and evaluation & designing internal controls.
- Will be involved in performing Data Analytics across the Middle East clients as part of the wider Internal Audit and Risk Assessments mandate.
- Interact confidently with team leads for the ongoing requirements of the projects on hand
- Consistently deliver quality client services and take charge of the project area assigned to him/her
- Monitor progress, manage risk and verify key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
- Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to assimilate to new knowledge
- Understanding and knowledge of ERP systems such as Oracle/SAP, MS Dynamics, GRC systems (SAP, RSA Archer, etc) and experience in implementation of Oracle/SAP is a plus
- Possess good business acumen. Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge
- Engage with client in identification and monitoring of Risk Analytics opportunities on new and existing accounts.
- Use available technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of work products and services.
- The job would require travel (Over 80%) to client locations in Middle East and North Africa such as United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, KSA, Bahrain, Egypt and Oman.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Recognized Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance, Business or other related field
- At least 3 complete years of experience gained in an internal auditing/line position in a commercial environment, or in a big public accounting firm
- CA/ACCA/CPA/CIA/CISA Any other relevant Certifications
- Visualization using Analytics Tools (Tableau, Spotfire, QlikView, BI)
- Possess strong domain knowledge, understanding of business processes and possible risks in operations of the client industry sectors. Core focus sectors are: Government & Public Sector/ Consumer Products / Retail / Real Estate/ Energy / Financial Services, Industry experience should be recent and not dated
- Possess consulting experience in Big 4 or other top consulting firms
- Should have knowledge about various systems used in the front and back office
- Experience in conduct of ITGC or Cybersecurity audits is desired but not compulsory
- Skill Preferred - Internal Audit, Risk management, Analytics, Visualization
Ideally, you'll also have
- Experience in Internal Audit/Enterprise Risk Management/SOX reviews/Risk Consulting/Corporate Governance engagements
- Have experience in Visualization on tools like Tableau, Spotfire, QlikView, QlikSense and Power BI.
- Advanced Excel skills using VBA and excel formulae
- ERT experience will be good to have but not compulsory
- Ability to perform and interpret process gap analysis
- Ability to identify risks in business processes
- Understanding of control rationalization, optimization, effectiveness and efficiency
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Possess strong data analytics skills and knowledge of advanced data analytical tools like Tableau/SAS/Qlickview etc. will be an advantage
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (presentation skills)
- Consistent display of leadership skills
- Ability to work well in teams
- Understanding of IT systems, Knowledge of MS office (MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.)
- Have the ability to work under pressure - stringent deadlines and tough client conditions which may demand extended working hours
- Willingness to travel abroad
- Demonstrate integrity, values, principles, and work ethic and lead by example
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you'll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. We also offer you:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.