Senior Consultant - Business Consulting - Enterprise Risk
Ernst & Young
Job description / Role
The objective of our Enterprise risk services is to provide clients with a candid and reliable overview of their risk landscape. Our solutions can be used by our clients to build confidence and trust with their customers, the overall market and when required by regulation or contract.
In this service line, you will advance your career in risk management and internal auditing, use specific tools to perform analysis and advice clients on strengthening of their internal control environment. As you progress within your role, you will be well-equipped to help our clients to better manage risks and align their business objectives effectively.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for effectively engaging with clients and executing risk management and internal audit projects under the supervision of your Managers.
- Client engagements primarily in the areas of Business Risk services, Internal audit, Enterprise Risk management, Compliance and regulatory services, Internal controls, Contract Risk Services, Business Process Management and other related solutions
- Support in driving innovation in service delivery; ensure delivery is in line with firm's Quality and Risk management requirements/expectations
- Assist Managers with business development proposals on existing/new clients
- Assist Managers in developing/refreshing methodologies related to our existing/new solutions
- Contribute to various firm wide initiatives like learning and development (L&D) programmes, knowledge sharing, practice development and growth under guidance of Managers
- Take up project execution responsibility in a team or individually as per requirements and work plan
- Train and support junior team members within the department to grow their career.
- Supervise and review work performed by subordinates and provide qualitative inputs before submission of deliverables to Managers/client (as the case may be)
- Sensitive towards EY code of conduct, values and quality standards
Skills and Attributes for Success
- Continuously strive towards exceeding client & team expectations and work on increasingly complex assignments
- Conduct research and prepare client presentations, information memorandums and contribute to thought leadership documents
- Contribute to consulting engagements in the capacity of a team member - deliver quality output within assigned timelines
- Ensure discipline to work and productivity of self and reporting subordinates; promotes positive working environment within a team
- Attend L&D programs and exhibit knowledge of consulting methodology and consulting attributes.
- Continuously strive towards achieving goals agreed upon with Manager
- Keep abreast with developments in business related areas and assist team leaders/managers in preparing client decks/documents.
- Sector focus (deep understanding of the various industries, trends, issues/challenges & key players) based on the industry group alignment
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A Bachelor's degree in Business , Accounting , Engineering or other relevant degrees
- Professional qualifications (e.g., CIA, CISA, CPA, IRM, etc) will have an added advantage
- At least 5 years' experience in advising clients in various sectors on risk management and internal audit matters.
- IT and data analytics skills
- Exhibit flexibility to adapt to multiple cultures / sectors and display agility and diversity
- Demonstrate capability of being a 'quick learner' of business processes, models, EY methodologies with an analytical bend of mind
- Display a structured thought process and problem-solving skills. Ability to do problem break down and analysis
- Candidates should be willing to travel
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you'll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region