Job description / Role
We are seeking a Software Engineer who will
- Participate in all aspects of developing and designing new and innovative applications.
- Work on cutting edge technology and new product development in an established company that is rapidly growing.
This is a great opportunity for an engineer, who is excited about coding, search, data analysis and solving complex problems and who enjoys building highly scalable and performant distributed systems leveraging cloud computing platforms.
- Designing and developing software and algorithms to solve business problems and challenges while ensuring scalability, reliability, performance and security.
- Work in cross functional feature teams and own modules end to end from inception through test to delivery.
- Interact with different stakeholders to for requirements elicitation.
- Research on and apply new technologies and best practices.
- Design and create scalable API's for internal and public consumption
- Provide task estimations and deliver quality code on time
- Build components for a robust message oriented MiddleWare
- Extensive experience programming in Python, Java, Go, Scala and/or C, C++.
- Building RESTful APIs.
- Cloud application development using AWS services including but not limited to EC2,
- Kinesis, EMR, RDS, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, SNS
- Hands on Linux Experience
- Test Driven Development
- Minimally a Bachelors in Computer Science/Engineering, related degree or equivalent practical experience.
- A high paced environment in a leading start-up
- The opportunity to be part of building a great start-up and working the greatest talents in the region.
About the Company
Fetchr is a tech company revolutionizing the world of delivery across emerging markets where there are no physical addresses. In fact, half the world's population has no physical address. Fetchr has the technical solution by eliminating the need for a physical address and deliver to wherever you are. Our patented solution has changed the traditional method of delivery.
Fetchr is the first Middle Eastern company ever to be backed by the most successful venture capitalists from Silicon Valley. Sending and receiving packages has never been this seamless. Established in the UAE in 2012, we've grown to over 3000 employees spread across seven countries and growing rapidly.
Technical Team Lead - Java
Grand Technology Resources (GTR)
Software Engineering Manager - Engineering Team Lead
Senior BackEnd Software Engineer - Payments
HR Source Consulting
Senior Front-End Software Engineer
HR Source Consulting