Job description / Role
As a Senior Translator, you will provide high-quality translation services to both internal and external clients, with fast turnaround time. You will also support and enable a team of translators who will convert written documents from English to Arabic and vice versa while maintaining the precise meaning of the original text.
The role is based in Amman and will be part of our Strategy and Transactions team.
Your Key Responsibilities
• With in-depth knowledge of the English/Arabic language, perform translation of written text from English into Arabic (and vice versa) in various business and activities (reports, proposals and other engagement deliverables)
• Translate a variety of material, particularly formal, legal and technological documentation, with attention to fact and nuance, so that the intent and tone of the original meaning is preserved
• Edit, standardize, proofread, revise and finalize translated material prepared by other translators
• Review of all assigned tasks before sharing with the requesters
• Organize translated material and finalize translation according to set standards regarding order, consistency, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology
• Research Business, legal and technical and phraseology pertinent to the assigned projects
• Consult with experts in specialist areas in order to retain and develop professional knowledge on such areas of translation
• Advise clients and translation team members about matters of English custom, culture and protocol
• Create writing instructions, reference and maintenance manuals for the translation team
Skills and Attributes for success
• Managing several assignments and priorities at the same time in order to deliver on business commitments without any delay
• Obtaining and presenting specialized information within strict accuracy, format requirements and timeframes will be key to being successful in this role
• Being able to meet the standard daily productivity of translation +10 page per day (250 words per page) depending on the technicality and complexity of the source content
• Making appropriate term base research
• Sharing knowledge and expertise with colleagues
• Receiving good feedback on translation and meeting expectations of all requesters and stakeholders
In addition, knowing the policies, procedures and practices of EY as well as being aware of the role requirements and how it impacts the business
To qualify for the role, you must have
• Bachelor's degree in the English Language or translation
• 4-6 years of Financial translation experience within the banking and/or Financial institution
• Ability to use the translation tool to deliver fast and quality translation in very efficient and timely manner
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Fluent, business level English and Arabic language
• Skills (both written and spoken)
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Experience with translating Saudi CMA related documents is a plus
• Experience or understanding of the Professional services or similar environment
What we look for
We are looking for a qualified candidate, who possesses highly specialized knowledge and background of technical and business transaction translation as well as understands how to manage resources and communicate effectively.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region