Job description / Role
Be part of Amazon
And build the future with us. We master our customer understanding every day. Whatever our customers want, we find the means to deliver it. You are welcome to join Amazon and enjoy helping people to discover new worlds.
As a Senior Compliance Associate, you will
Get multiple opportunities that will develop your functional expertise and offer the autonomy to make decisions, implement ideas, and measure results. We firmly believe in learning on the job, and from day one you will be on a fast track to becoming an industry expert.
Your job responsibilities as a Compliance Associate may include
- Review products to ensure regulatory compliance on all products that are made available for sale on Amazon from all sources
- Write rules to identify and action dangerous, prohibited, restricted/regulated and non-compliant products
- Reinstating products when the seller alters the information
- Audit the Amazon website and identify the dangerous, prohibited, restricted/regulated and non-compliant products
- Identify and remove from the website products that don't satisfy Amazon’s regulatory or safety obligations
In addition to the core responsibilities listed above, you will be expected to take on a larger organizational role. These can include tasks such as:
- Identifying improvement opportunities.
- Training and mentoring other Associates;
- Creation and maintenance of SOPs and owns process updates
- Analyzing quality and process issues and recommending corrective actions;
- Flagging any updates received from stakeholders on process to Lead/Manager;
- 2+ years of experience in compliance or BPO, transportation risk, logistics or shipping.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- Flawless command of both Arabic & English Language, written and verbal.
- Currently eligible to work in Jordan
- 3+ years of Experience in Transport Risk compliance, regulatory compliance management with government agencies, Ecommerce or Retail industry
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial or mechanical engineering.
- Advanced computer skills, especially MS Excel or basic SQL.
- Knowledge of dangerous goods or consumer product safety regulations
- Fluent in a third language: French, Spanish or Turkish.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.