Job description / Role
Souq, an Amazon company is seeking a talented and passionate Sr. User Experience Designer to join us in our Amman team, This position is focused on the creation of specific UX Design elements or deliverables whether Visual, Interaction or other Natural UI design elements or production tasks—and on collaborating with other designers, product managers and engineers from other disciplines.
If you are passionate about guiding the future of souq.com experiences and creating innovative, elegant, customer-focused designs, we want to talk to you.
• Design the information architecture, interface, and interaction flow of the web and mobile e-commerce experience.
• Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, detailed visual mockups, and prototypes.
• Create detailed design specifications including redline specifications and sticker sheets.
• Create visual mockups and explorations from wireframe sketches.
• Conduct analyses of real usage data to inform UX optimization efforts.
• Collaborate regularly with designers, PMs, and QA to ensure products are built to design specifications.
• Understanding of UX design principles (flows, states, process).
• A strong awareness of common Usability methods and principles
• The proficient skill level in the standard tools, such as Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Visio, Flinto.
• Extensive experience with typography, bidirectional and copyrighting.
• A clear understanding of accessible UX Principles and Guidelines
• Strong conceptual thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Extensive experience in designing for multiple platforms, such as web, mobile and responsive design.
• Develop and maintain effective specifications and design patterns.
• Experience with Android and iPhone design guidelines and standards.
• Strong understanding of the design production process.
• Highly detailed and organized.
• Bachelor's Degree in Design or related field.
• 5+ years of professional experience as an interaction designer, experience designer, or similar role.
• A good portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions (flows, prototypes, wireframes) and solid visual designs (mockups and style guides) across desktop and mobile devices.
• Extensive experience in working directly with engineers and leading complex discussions in UX design.
• Retail/E-commerce design experience in a global context.
• Experience working in an agile design and development environment
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
About the Company
Souq.com - the Middle East's online marketplace.
We connect people and products - opening up a world of possibility. From bracelets and backpacks to tablets and toy cars - we give you access to everything you need and want. Our range is unparalleled, and our prices unbeatable.
Driven by smart technology, everything we do is designed to put the power directly in your hands - giving you the freedom to shop however, whenever and wherever you like.
We're trusted by millions, because we don't just deliver to your doorstep, we were born here. With Souq.com you'll always be getting a good deal - with exceptional service that makes your shopping experience as easy and seamless as possible.