Job description / Role
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
We are looking for Software Development Engineers to be based in Amman, Jordan with 3+ years of solid Software engineering experience involving solving complex problems, to work on some of the key initiatives planned to support our rapid evolution and growth of Amazon International Expansion Business. and in the process solve some of the most challenging problems.
• Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
• Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables
• Write high quality distributed system software
• Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff.
• 3+ years industry experience in designing software architecture, and operating scalable software systems
• Requirement analysis, failure analysis, API design, distributed consistency
• Distributed caching (memcached, Redis, or comparable technology)
• Metrics, analysis, and software profiling
• Strong object-oriented design skills with understanding of common design paradigms
• Experience with Java or other object oriented languages- preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform including JVM internals or equivalent lower-level implementation
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Experience writing unit and system level tests using dependency injection frameworks and object mocking
• Experience in optimization mathematics (linear programming, nonlinear optimization)
• Oral and written communication skills (ability to produce runbooks, technical, and non-technical documentation)
• Experience coaching junior software development engineers including code review and design review
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
• 3+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
• Knowledge of Python, Perl, or other scripting languages a plus
• Experience with functional programming languages such as Erlang
• Ability to effectively articulate and drive solutions to technical and business challenges
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Experience working with driving product vision to deliver long term customer and advertiser value
• Willingness to own all stages of development process: requirements, design, implementation, testing, and operational support
• Excellent interpersonal communication with strong verbal / written English skills
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.