Job description / Role
· To help in building, and maintaining core functions of Q-express Technology systems.
· Work with the team of developers to build all new system functionality based on the road map to fulfill all system requested features.
If you are a sharp software engineer with a creative flare, strong problem-solving skills, a solid computer science foundation and the desire to be an individual contributor in Q-express next generation technology, we would like to meet you. Joining our team provides the unique challenge and opportunity to write a software that benefits our customers. The ideal candidate will draw upon exemplary analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills, deep software development experience, and a passion for creating reliable and maintainable systems. The candidate should be open to new challenges, extremely good at multi-tasking, innovative, creative, self-directed and a great team player. The candidate should also drive continuous process improvement, and collaborate effectively with aggressive cross-functional business and software development teams to solve problems and implement new solutions.
· Provide assistance in designing the system features.
· Develop all required functionalities as per team plan.
· Coach developers and improve their skills.
· Solving large-scale engineering challenges.
· Ensure that all activities are being documented (in details) and well maintained.
· Support project management in project execution of cross functional activities.
Communication / Internal / External:
· Internal: Technology and product Team
· External: None
· 4+ years of programming experience with progressive development responsibilities in Java.
· Agile development, daily scrum, taking ownership of both production issues and new features.
· Self-motivated, thrives working in a small team.
· Solid technical understanding and API documentation are essential for cross-team development.
· Bachelor's Degree or Masters in Computer Science or related field.
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures.
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
· Good English written / verbal communication skills, bilingual Preferred.
· Design thinking Approach.
· Flexible approach.
· Focused and professional attitude.
· Strong problem detection abilities.
· Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
· Ability to work well in teams.
· Focused and self-motivated.
· Real world experience with SQL data store for java applications, Java ORM tools like Hibernate/JPA. Production MySQL is a plus.
· Java ecosystem for daily development: Spring/Play framework, Apache ,Ant/Maven/Gradle, Tomcat/Jetty/TomEE, Jenkins.
· RESTful API specification, implementation, JSON and solid documentation will be a plus (or SOAP web service experience with leanings towards REST).
About the Company
Souq.com - the Middle East's online marketplace.
We connect people and products - opening up a world of possibility. From bracelets and backpacks to tablets and toy cars - we give you access to everything you need and want. Our range is unparalleled, and our prices unbeatable.
Driven by smart technology, everything we do is designed to put the power directly in your hands - giving you the freedom to shop however, whenever and wherever you like.
We're trusted by millions, because we don't just deliver to your doorstep, we were born here. With Souq.com you'll always be getting a good deal - with exceptional service that makes your shopping experience as easy and seamless as possible.