Job description / Role
We serve the needs of online shoppers in all Arabic speaking and surrounding countries through our trusted, secure payment network that gives everyone the opportunity to shop online safely and easily. We build trust between buyers and online sellers by enabling consumers to transact online using the payment options they prefer with complete security and peace of mind while supporting the most popular payment methods available globally. PAYFORT is part of Souq Group, established in 2013. PAYFORT is regional expert in payment processing technology and solutions across major markets in the GCC & Levant countries, operating in UAE, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Jordan and Qatar.
· We are looking for a seasoned senior developer/architect to design/build massive scale, distributed computing solutions.
· You will be responsible for driving the team’s technical direction, strategizing and shaping our long-term vision and architecture.
· You will own major deliverables end-to-end, drive roadmaps, and provide technical leadership to the engineering team.
· If you're excited by cloud computing and machine learning, designing highly scalable, fault tolerant systems, and want to be challenged by the toughest computer science problems, then join us to build the next generation distributed systems solving big data problems with machine learning.
· You should be someone who wants to conceive and design highly scalable, robust software, and wants to see their software thrive in the face of traffic from huge cloud computing services.
· You will be partnering with Data scientists to define the future state of systems.
· The ideal candidate will have strong distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience, as well as experience working on high availability production systems.
· Machine learning experience is plus but not a must: you will get opportunity to learn this as part of the role.
· Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex projects with significant bottom line impact
· Work with product managers in developing a strategy and road map to provide compelling capabilities for the seller community that helps them succeed in their business goals.
· Work closely with senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
· Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
· Project management - prioritization , planning of projects and features, Stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments
· Operational Excellence - monitoring & operation of production services
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 5+ years of software development experience
· Excellent problem solving abilities and object-oriented design skills
· Fluency and experience in object-oriented programming languages, like Java, C++, or C#
· Ability to excel in a fast-paced, startup-like environment
· Graduate (Ms or PHD) in Computer Science or related field
· 5+ years of experience designing and implementing RESTful web services
· Experience with data mining, machine learning or predictive modeling systems
· Experience building and operating mission critical, highly scalable distributed systems
· Prior knowledge of payment processing, network security or anti-fraud systems
· Working knowledge of Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark or other big data processing systems
· Demonstrated capability to provide depth and breadth technical leadership to agile teams
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.