Job description / Role
About PayFort, an Amazon Company: We serve the needs of online shoppers in all Arabic speaking and surrounding countries through our trusted, secure payment network that gives everyone the opportunity to shop online safely and easily. We build trust between buyers and online sellers by enabling consumers to transact online using the payment options they prefer with complete security and peace of mind while supporting the most popular payment methods available globally. PayFort is part of Souq Group, established in 2013. PayFort is regional expert in payment processing technology and solutions across major markets in the GCC & Levant countries, operating in UAE, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Jordan and Qatar.
We are looking for a developer to build massive scale, distributed computing solutions. You will be responsible for driving the team’s technical direction, strategizing and shaping our long-term vision and architecture. You will own major deliverables end-to-end, drive roadmaps, and provide technical leadership to the engineering team. If you're excited by cloud computing, designing highly scalable, fault tolerant systems, and want to be challenged by the toughest computer science problems, then join us to build the next generation distributed systems solving big data problems.
You should be someone who wants to conceive and develop highly scalable, robust software, and wants to see their software thrive in the face of traffic from huge cloud computing services. The ideal candidate will have strong distributed systems and implementation experience, as well as experience working on high availability production systems.
Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex projects with significant bottom line impact
• Work with product managers in developing a strategy and road map to provide compelling capabilities for our customers.
• Work closely with senior engineers to develop the best technical approach for new product development.
• Instill best practices for software development and documentation and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
• Project management - prioritization , planning of projects and features, Stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments
• Operational Excellence - monitoring & operation of production services
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related technical discipline
• 3+ years’ full-time experience in software development.
• Proficiency with at least one Object Oriented language (e.g. Java, Python).
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
• A willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done
• MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
• Deep knowledge of Distributed SOA Architecture, Relational DB knowledge, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, and various AWS technologies.
• Exposure to Machine Learning/deep learning projects.
• Experience of successfully mentoring junior SDEs.
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.