Job description / Role
Amazon Middle East and North Africa invites application for a Software Development Manager role. Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world and it's an Amazon Company. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 35 million visits to its catalogue of more than 1.5 million unique products in 20 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products.
Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate with the scale and ambition of a big corporation, but we cultivate a strong entrepreneurial and nimble mindset to ensure we execute with speed and efficiency.
We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry. We are seeking a Software Development Engineer who is passionate about building great products for our customers. We aim to continually raise the bar on customer experience.
- You must be customer-centric, results oriented, and creative. This position is a great opportunity to work on a diverse set of technologies that span mobile devices and distributed systems.
- As a Software Development Engineer on the team, you will be part of a team that is responsible for owning large customer-facing features from inception to delivery and beyond. Engineers on our team are expected to accomplish tasks in internet time while, at the same time, pushing the technical envelope. Our engineers enjoy working as a team and welcome the opportunity to lead whenever possible. Come help build the future of Amazon MENA
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- 1+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in at least, one modern object oriented programming language such as Java or C++
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience with Java, AWS technology stack
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.