Job description / Role
The Amazon Middle East and North Africa team is looking for a Software Development Engineer who is passionate about building great products for our customers. The SDEII will be based in Amman, Jordan and must have Software engineering experience involving solving complex problems. They SDEII will:
· Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
· Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables
· Write high quality distributed system software
· Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff.
· 5+ years industry experience in designing software architecture and operating scalable software systems
· Oral and written communication skills (ability to produce runbooks, technical, and non-technical documentation)
· Experience coaching junior software development engineers including code review and design review
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
· Ability to effectively articulate and drive solutions to technical and business challenges
· Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
· Experience working with driving product vision to deliver long term customer and advertiser value
· Willingness to own all stages of development process: requirements, design, implementation, testing, and operational support
· Excellent interpersonal communication with strong verbal / written English skills
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.