Job description / Role
We are looking for Software Development Engineers to be based in Amman, Jordan with 3+ years of solid Software engineering experience involving solving complex problems. They will get to work on some of the key initiatives planned to support our rapid evolution and growth of Amazon International Expansion Business. and in the process solve some of the most challenging problems. They will:
• Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
• Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables
• Write high quality distributed system software
• Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff.
• 3+ years industry experience in designing software architecture, and operating scalable software systems
• Requirement analysis, failure analysis, API design, distributed consistency
• Distributed caching (memcached, Redis, or comparable technology)
• Metrics, analysis, and software profiling
• Strong object-oriented design skills with understanding of common design paradigms
• Experience with Java or other object oriented languages- preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform including JVM internals or equivalent lower-level implementation
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Experience writing unit and system level tests using dependency injection frameworks and object mocking
• Experience in optimization mathematics (linear programming, nonlinear optimization)
• Oral and written communication skills (ability to produce runbooks, technical, and non-technical documentation)
• Experience coaching junior software development engineers including code review and design review
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
• Knowledge of Python, Perl, or other scripting languages a plus
• Experience with functional programming languages such as Erlang
• Ability to effectively articulate and drive solutions to technical and business challenges
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Experience working with driving product vision to deliver long term customer and advertiser value
• Willingness to own all stages of development process: requirements, design, implementation, testing, and operational support
• Excellent interpersonal communication with strong verbal / written English skills
About the Company
Souq.com - the Middle East's online marketplace.
We connect people and products - opening up a world of possibility. From bracelets and backpacks to tablets and toy cars - we give you access to everything you need and want. Our range is unparalleled, and our prices unbeatable.
Driven by smart technology, everything we do is designed to put the power directly in your hands - giving you the freedom to shop however, whenever and wherever you like.
We're trusted by millions, because we don't just deliver to your doorstep, we were born here. With Souq.com you'll always be getting a good deal - with exceptional service that makes your shopping experience as easy and seamless as possible.