Job description / Role
Are you interested in building the next-generation services that will redefine shopping in Middle East and Africa? We are disrupting the local shopping experience and looking for talented Software Development Managers to design and build a new products, ground-up.
You are a experienced development leader to lead a team of software development engineers. You work closely with product management and other business partners to define strategy and requirements, and lead development teams from concept through delivery and subsequent operation. You have regular communication with senior management on status, risks and product strategy. You have excellent listening, writing skills and very strong technical competency. You're a thought leader, but you don't just know how to solve the problem, you prove it by leading team to build the solution. Last but not the least; you have a high bar for code quality and passion for design and architecture.
We're going to face challenging and interesting problems. We're going to argue about how to solve them, and we'll work together to find a solution that is superior to each of the proposals we came in with. We'll make tough decisions, but we'll understand why – we'll be the dream team and we'll change the world and impact lives.
In this role you will lead a critical and highly-visible function within Amazon International Consumer. You will be given the opportunity to autonomously deliver the technical direction of the service, and the feature roadmap. You will work with extraordinary talent and have the opportunity to hire and shape the team to best execute on the product.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience;
· 9+ years of Software Development experience
· 3+ years of experience as a development manager building and leading strong engineering teams
· Deep hands-on technical expertise in cloud based distributed software design and development, more so using AWS services
· Experience with C++, Java, or Java Script
· Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
· 5+ years of software development experience as a manager
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
· A deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, and a track record of shipping software on time
· Experience with the SCRUM methodology for agile software development preferred
· Experience designing software architectures for scalability, reliability and performance
· A passion for people management and mentorship
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.