Job description / Role
Software Engineer - SDE II, ECCF TECH
The Amazon Middle East and North Africa team is looking for a Software Development Engineer who is passionate about building great products for our customers. The SDE-II will be based in Amman, Jordan and must have Software engineering experience involving solving complex problems.
THE SDE-II WILL
- Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
- Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables
- Write high quality distributed system software
- Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff.
- 3+ years industry experience in designing software architecture and operating scalable software systems
- Oral and written communication skills (ability to produce runbooks, technical, and non-technical documentation)
- Experience coaching junior software development engineers including code review and design review
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
- Ability to effectively articulate and drive solutions to technical and business challenges
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Experience working with driving product vision to deliver long term customer and advertiser value
- Willingness to own all stages of development process: requirements, design, implementation, testing, and operational support
- Excellent interpersonal communication with strong verbal / written English skills
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.