Job description / Role
The Amazon Middle East and North Africa team is looking for a Software Development Engineer who is passionate about building great products for our customers & Sellers. The SDE-II will be based in Amman, JOR and must have Software engineering experience involving solving complex problems.
The SDE-II will:
Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables
Write high quality distributed system software
Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff.
About the team
Team's vision is to raise the bar of selling partner experience with Amazon by making it easier to on-board sellers, grow their sales, get help and essentially build trust and commitment with Amazon. The team builds global solutions across Web and Mobile platforms that cater to Sellers & Vendors worldwide across Listing, Registration, Fees, Reimbursements and other functions
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience programming with at least one software programming language
- Oral and written communication skills (ability to produce runbooks, technical, and non-technical documentation)
- Experience coaching junior software development engineers including code review and design review
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
- 3+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Ability to effectively articulate and drive solutions to technical and business challenges
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Experience working with driving product vision to deliver long term customer and advertiser value
- Willingness to own all stages of development process: requirements, design, implementation, testing, and operational support
- Excellent interpersonal communication
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.