Job description / Role
MBC Group is the largest satellite TV and radio network based in Dubai Media City. It broadcasts a portfolio of Arabic and Western entertainment channels as well as managing the Al Arabiya news channel. The Group currently requires an Software Engineer – Backend to work within the Technical Operations Department; based in our Jordan offices to support in enhancing the Web Operations of the MBC websites and to improve productivity and output, thus improve user experience and increase traffic.
- Develop, Test and Maintain high quality Applications and Services
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Ensure tasks you work on are clearly defined in collaboration with the product teams
- Engage and coordinate with other engineering teams (QA, Dev-Ops, Frontend, Call Centre) with development and troubleshooting.
- Contributing to the company development standards working closely with team lead and architects.
- Providing accurate timing estimates on work
- Experience in large software development projects
- Experience working within a successful team environment
- Willing to learn new technologies and accepting its challenges
- Proactive, creative problem solving skills and able to work self directed
- Understanding of unit testing principles
- Understanding of version control and branching strategy
Preferred Skills & Requirements:
- Experience with Cloud and container service or similar
- Understanding of RDBMS or NOSQL
- Familiarity with software development methodology and release processes.
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Grunt, Bower, Code Deploy
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development principles
- Advanced back-end developers will have a mix of front-end and back-end technology expertise
About the Company
MBC Group is the largest satellite TV and radio network in the Middle East based in Dubai Media City. It broadcasts a portfolio of Arabic and Western entertainment channels; as well as managing the Al Arabiya news channel and New Media platforms. The group has expanded significantly in the last several years moving from one TV and radio channel to ten TV, four radio channels and a range of broadcast and news service companies. Additionally the Group operates a number of successful websites and is aggressively expanding its internet and multiplatform operations.