Job description / Role
MBC Group is the largest satellite TV and radio network based in Dubai Media City. It broadcasts a portfolio of Arabic and Western entertainment channels as well as managing the Al Arabiya news channel. The Group currently requires an Software Engineer – Frontend to work within the Technical Operations Department; based in our Jordan offices to support in enhancing the Web Operations of the MBC websites and to improve productivity and output, thus improve user experience and increase traffic.
- Develop, Test and Maintain high-quality user-facing features
- Ensure technical feasibility of UI/UX tasks you work on and that they are clearly defined in collaboration with the product teams including prototyping activities
- Engage and coordinate with other engineering teams (QA, Dev-Ops, Backend, Call Centre) with development and troubleshooting.
- Contributing to the company development standards working closely with team lead and architects.
- Providing accurate timing estimates on work
- Assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Build responsive applications for maximum browser compatibility.
- Experience working within a successful team environment
- Willing to learn new technologies and accepting its challenges
- Proactive, creative problem solving skills and able to work self directed
- Familiarity with browser testing, debugging, and cross-browser compatibility issues
- Understanding of DOM Manipulation, CORS, AJAX
Preferred Skills & Requirements:
- CSS preprocessors like Sass and LESS
- JS-based build tools like Grunt, Gulp, and Bower
- Libraries like jQuery or Backbone.js
- Understanding of version control and branching strategy
- Development for connected devices, mobile devices
- Good understanding of Web Accessibility
- Knowledge of SEO principles
About the Company
MBC Group is the largest satellite TV and radio network in the Middle East based in Dubai Media City. It broadcasts a portfolio of Arabic and Western entertainment channels; as well as managing the Al Arabiya news channel and New Media platforms. The group has expanded significantly in the last several years moving from one TV and radio channel to ten TV, four radio channels and a range of broadcast and news service companies. Additionally the Group operates a number of successful websites and is aggressively expanding its internet and multiplatform operations.