Job description / Role
Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 35 million visits to its catalogue of more than 1.5 million unique products in 20 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we operate with the scale and ambition of a big corporation, but we cultivate a strong entrepreneurial and nimble mindset to ensure we execute with speed and efficiency. We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
To help in building, and maintaining core functions of Souq.com logistics arm (Q-express) Technology systems.
Work with the team of developers to develop and support large-scale software systems.
If you are a sharp software engineer with a creative flare, strong problem-solving skills, a solid computer science foundation and the desire to be an individual contributor in Q-express next generation technology, we would like to meet you. Joining our team provides the unique challenge and opportunity to write a software that benefits our customers. The ideal candidate will draw upon exemplary analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills, deep software development experience, and a passion for creating reliable and maintainable systems. The candidate should be open to new challenges, extremely good at multi tasking, innovative, creative, self-directed and a great team player. The candidate should also drive continuous process improvement, and collaborate effectively with aggressive cross-functional business and software development teams to solve problems and implement new solutions.
- Provide assistance in designing the system features.
- Develop all required functionalities as per team plan.
- Ensure that all activities are being documented (in details) and well maintained.
- Support project management in project execution of cross functional activities.
Communication / Internal / External:
- Internal: Technology and product Team
- External: None
Minimum Qualification / Experience / Training:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures.
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- 3+ years professional experience in software development with progressive responsibilities in Java.
- Real world experience with SQL data store for java applications, Java ORM tools like Hibernate/JPA.
- Java ecosystem for daily development: Spring framework, Apache *,Ant/Maven/Gradle, Tomcat/Jetty, Jenkins.
- RESTful API specification, implementation, JSON and solid documentation will be a plus (or SOAP webservice experience with leanings towards REST).
About the Company
Souq.com - the Middle East's online marketplace.
We connect people and products - opening up a world of possibility. From bracelets and backpacks to tablets and toy cars - we give you access to everything you need and want. Our range is unparalleled, and our prices unbeatable.
Driven by smart technology, everything we do is designed to put the power directly in your hands - giving you the freedom to shop however, whenever and wherever you like.
We're trusted by millions, because we don't just deliver to your doorstep, we were born here. With Souq.com you'll always be getting a good deal - with exceptional service that makes your shopping experience as easy and seamless as possible.