Job description / Role
STAT and Tax Leader - Levant and Iraq will be responsible for statutory accounting and ensuring numbers roll up in a sensible form and in line with standard processes. The individual has direct access to the STAT Ledger and handles the basic accounting functions required to support all requirements & obligations across the assigned region.
- Responsible for developing and directing the improvement, alignment, simplification, implementation and standardization of tax processes in the region.
- Supervise and Review CIT compliance, ensure appropriate controls, processes and procedures are applied.
- Maintain the stat ledger of a legal entity in compliance with tax legislation across the assigned region .
- Managing the relationship(s) with tax advisors to ensure proper application of efficient and effective tax processes with regards to tax audit planning, proactive management of potential tax exposures/risks .
- Lead audit, documents reception, identify key stakeholders and owners, audit engagement .
- Prepare/review income tax provisions and calculations, tax returns, tax payments, return to accrual calculations, deferred tax calculations and account reconciliations for assigned region .
- Provide accurate and timely statutory & management reporting .
- Support controllership initiatives, projects, Stat COA definition .
- Prepare GAAP & Stat Trial balances .
- S2G walk submission .
- Tax Acct recs preparation and submission .
- Support the preparation of metrics for relevant KPIs and reporting .
- Manage relationship with auditors to drive efficient & effective audit processes (audit planning, debrief meeting, audit fees etc.)
- Set mechanism for quarterly S@S for all GEHC entities .
- Implement efficient process solutions to ensure operational aspects of all statutory and tax operations are executed flawlessly.
- Leverage IT and lead design and implementation of automations to maximize efficiencies and reduce cost of provision and return data gathering process .
- Partner with GEHC Tax leader to manage the relationship with Tax Advisors to drive efficient & effective tax processes (CIT/ VAT/WHT tax returns preparation, tax audit support, FAS 109 completion) .
- Lead data gathering for tax field audits in partnership with Business teams and BPOs.
- CA, CPA or equivalent certification with 3- 5 years accounting experience .
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in IFRS and USGAAP accounting for income taxes and tax compliance processes .
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
- 2+ years of experience with Statutory/Tax filings preferably within GE or with a Big4 .
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS GAAP & ability to identify efficiently the differences.
- Strong controllership analytical skills - able to link financial results to operational performance drives .
- Experience leading cross-functional projects / process improvement within operations / finance function .
- Adaptable/Flexible: being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations .
- Team Leadership & excellent collaboration and communication skills .
- Support a positive environment despite constant changes .
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills .
- Self-starter & a quick learner with a commitment to meet deadlines .
- Strong attention to details & experience with data analytics .
- Ability to identify risk areas which can impact the timeliness and accuracy of the filing milestones and propose solutions .
- Strong PC skills, experience with ERP and reporting systems.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.