Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Supreme Customer Service is fundamental at Careem, and we want to wow our Captains (drivers) every time! The purpose of the Supply Lead role is to assist the local Operations teams in doing just that. You will be responsible for making bold decisions and working in an agile way in order to deliver a first class service.
As a supply lead in Careem, you will have the chance to grow in different business areas and understand the core strategies underlining marketing, sales, customer relations, problem solving and analysis. you will be responsible for handling the core of our business which is our captains. We recruit captains through various vendors and suppliers. The supply lead will mainly be handling the growth and issues faced by those suppliers.
A supply lead day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Captain recruitment through different channels
- Ensuring that Careem has new suppliers through which they can recruit captains
- Analyzing supplier's performance
- Creating incentives for suppliers
- Troubleshooting supplier's problems, analyses the issues, solve and implement them
- Coaching the suppliers and help them understand Careem's business
- Ensuring that the suppliers understand the different social media tools through which they attract captains
- Creating and implementing different marketing and sales strategies.
- Creating innovative ways to attract potential suppliers and captains
- Handling the termination process implementation
- Responsible for all communication channels with suppliers
- Responsible for taking corrective actions against suppliers and ensuring that they meet their deadlines.
- Analyzing top detracting issues for suppliers
- Monitoring SLAs for tickets resolutions.
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
- Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
- Confident, outgoing, and with a predisposition to teach others
- Good technical proficiency, literacy skills and a competent computer user
- Ability to effectively trouble shoot problems and work collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellent technical proficiency, literacy skills and a competent computer user
- Experience working within a similar role is highly desirable
- Experience working within the technology industry/start-up environment is highly desirable
- Educated to BS/MS level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position
- An additional language would be desirable although not essential as English is our corporate language
- Bachelor degree (engineering preferred)
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience
- Customer service background (required)
- Good command of English
- Ideal candidate should be able to communicate effectively in English and Arabic
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.