Job description / Role
About PayFort, an Amazon Company: We serve the needs of online shoppers in all Arabic speaking and surrounding countries through our trusted, secure payment network that gives everyone the opportunity to shop online safely and easily. We build trust between buyers and online sellers by enabling consumers to transact online using the payment options they prefer with complete security and peace of mind while supporting the most popular payment methods available globally. PayFort is part of Souq Group, established in 2013. PayFort is regional expert in payment processing technology and solutions across major markets in the GCC & Levant countries, operating in UAE, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Jordan and Qatar.
We are looking for an experienced technical support engineer who will represent Amazon to external merchants and assistance integrating their systems with our services. You will work within an established technical support team to ensure that developer issues are resolved quickly, and partner with our technical teams to improve the quality of our Developer Experience.
• B.E. in Computer Science or a related field.
• 2+ years overall development/technical support experience.
• Proven track record in working on enterprise level large scale n-tier applications
• Development Experience in C/Java or open source based technologies. Understanding of XML/SOAP, web services, web application development, and industry-standard commerce systems.
• Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues in complex Enterprise Level applications.
• Demonstrated skill and passion for problem solving and operational excellence.
• Experience dealing effectively with customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently under pressure
• Effective prioritization and time management
• Knowledge of best current practice frameworks (ITIL, COBIT), particularly incident, problem and change management
• Confidence to drive and manage large conference calls
• Understanding of routing protocols to help facilitate troubleshooting and remediation of networking issues
• Working knowledge of a compiled language
• Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
• Effective organizational skills to maintain a consistently high standard of operations in a busy environment
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.