Job description / Role
We serve the needs of online shoppers in all Arabic speaking and surrounding countries through our trusted, secure payment network that gives everyone the opportunity to shop online safely and easily.
We build trust between buyers and online sellers by enabling consumers to transact online using the payment options they prefer with complete security and peace of mind while supporting the most popular payment methods available globally.
PAYFORT is part of Souq Group, established in 2013. PAYFORT is regional expert in payment processing technology and solutions across major markets in the GCC & Levant countries, operating in UAE, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Jordan and Qatar.
We're looking for an outstanding Senior Systems Engineer who combines superb technical, research and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively. This person must be comfortable working with a team of top-notch developers and collaborating with our research teams. We’re looking for people who innovate and love solving hard problems! You will work hard, have fun, and of course, make history!
• This position requires a candidate that can operate independently in an ambiguous environment.
• The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background in multiple engineering disciplines.
• He/she will interface closely with a tight-knit team of system engineers across a broad range of technical areas to drive the rigorous development, integration and test of the system.
• He/she will be required to articulate and derive technical requirements and simplify and build consensus around proposed solutions,
• The ideal candidate will have a balance of breadth across engineering disciplines, depth and expertise in select areas, and practical real-life experience with verification of complex systems and implementation of simulation environments.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years experience running and maintaining a 24x7 production environment
• 5+ years of experience working with Linux/Unix systems
• 5+ years of experience with support procedures and methodologies for production computing environments
• 5+ year of experience working with automation tools and building CI/CD platforms
• 5+ years with BASH/Python/Ruby or any other scripting languages
• Hands-on experience of architecting and building with AWS technologies
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Experience of building high-volume and highly available and scalable distributed systems
• Experience with data mining, machine learning or predictive modeling systems
• Prior knowledge of payment processing, network security or anti-fraud systems
• Demonstrated capability to provide depth and breadth technical leadership to agile team
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.