Job description / Role
Line of Service
General Tax Consulting
Job Description & Summary
As a Client Account Executive Manager , you will be responsible for the quality, resourcing, structure, cost effectiveness and management of a section of the Client Account Executive Community. The CAE Manager will report directly to the Tax and Legal Operations Lead and to the R&Q Leadership. He/She and will have a team of CAEs to manage. We anticipate that this role will be Jordan based, however management of staff across multiple territories would be required.
We are looking for individuals who are keen to make a difference and who can bring the following key skills to the role.
- People Management - Confidence in one's own ability to successfully lead and manage a team. Experience of managing and motivating groups of staff, in some cases dealing with complex team dynamics across multiple locations.
- Strong business focus combined with a pragmatic and objective approach to problem-solving and the ability to multi-task.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in order to consult and build strong, credible relationships with a broad range of senior stakeholders, with a proven ability to influence and effectively engage with partners and senior leaders
- Ability to deal with both the operational aspects of the role and the longer term development of the services provided by the team taking into account changes in regulation, internal procedures and client team needs.
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvements in the services provided and proactively influence changes to the way they are delivered.
- Understand and proactively anticipate client's needs and concerns; respond promptly and effectively to client needs; customises services and solutions as appropriate
- Proven ability to manage resources, services and solutions across local and national teams - task allocations / workload management.
- Results driven, proactive, balance "analysis" with "doing"; sets high standards for self; commits to organisational goals.
- Reporting - producing metrics and analytics.
- Ability to lead and drive projects through to completion.
- Self-motivated, able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Enjoys working in a pressurized, ever changing environment.
This role will have a broad range of activities including
- Being the first point of contact for queries from client facing staff and providing pragmatic advice and solutions to their R&Q queries.
- Delivering training to partners and staff, including one-to-one training and seminar based training, in relation to R&Q
- Reviewing and providing comments on changes requested by client to the standard non-disclosure agreement and terms of business.
- Support and facilitate knowledge sharing within the TLS R&Q team
- Understanding the firm and regional know your client (KYC) policy
- Advising on the proper completion of client and engagement acceptance covering:
- Relationship checking, AFS, AML, scoping of work and drafting of engagement letters.
- Managing and participating in the annual Engagement Compliance Review (ECR) on all partners in the Middle East Tax practice.
- Understanding the tax risk management global policies.
- Knowledge of iPower, Affirm (including building risk assessment) and Salesforce and how the systems work.
- Understanding and managing proper application of conflict of interest and ethical walls procedure.
- Make links between current issues and future trends facing Line of Service and the CAE community and adapt service offerings to address wider firm and business needs.
- Planning the annual Quality Review programme for the selected territories by working with the selected offices and identifying resources to participate in the review. Assisting selected office in preparation for the Quality Review
- Providing regular feedback on the key risks within the region and provide thoughts on certain risk management issues when experienced by engagement teams.
- Build on bringing the CAE community together by engaging with other CAEs in other parts of the region.
- Work on further developing and building the Service Delivery Centre (SDC) within Jordan so that all support for risk management process are offered from SDC.
- Report key management information (eg R&Q results, reports) to TLS Operation and R&Q leadership and wider on monthly basis. Identifying trends, explaining variances and making suggestions for improvements.
- Influence the business to embed sharing and learning behaviours and practices in team
- Proactively drive change within the LoS, leading and implementing new initiatives, influencing key stakeholders in the change process and getting buy-in from the CAE team.
- Recruitment of CAEs including reviewing CVs and interviewing.
- Ensure that all CAE staff are fully up to date with all relevant policies and procedures in order to be able to deliver outstanding client experience.
- Have oversight of local CAE Induction programme, identifying opportunities for further consistency and efficiency across the wider CAE community.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.