Job description / Role
Tax & Legal Services - Tax - Acceleration Centre - Associate - Amman (3 month Fixed Term Contract)
Line of Service
General Tax Consulting
Job Description & Summary
PwC Middle East is expanding it's Tax Acceleration Centre (TAC). Working in our Acceleration Centre you will operate as a natural extension of PwC's leading class global delivery capabilities. We provide premium, cost effective, high quality services that support process quality and delivery capability in our client engagements.
Working in the Tax Acceleration Centre is all about maximising value, unlocking opportunities and creating a great experience for our people and clients. Using the latest technologies, leading processes and best practices, the TAC is an important part of how we deliver high-quality tax services to our clients.
As a Specialist within the TAC you will work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues. You will be trained to master a variety of tools and technologies, including PwC systems that support our clients' compliance needs and broader data analytics software to enable you in your role.
Prior experience in preparation of tax returns is preferred, but not essential.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Initiate and create client records
- Assemble client provided information
- Cleanse and format client data to enable efficient and effective tax calculations
- Prepare tax returns (Corporate Income Tax, Zakat, VAT, WHT etc.)
- Send electronic copies of finalised tax returns to clients
- Identify outstanding information on files and reach out to clients and practice staff as required
- Work with client engagement teams as necessary to complete work assignments
- Collect and organise additional supporting documentation or responses to tax authority notices and decisions.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Supporting other TAC team members with administrative functions such as client and engagement onboarding, client administration and other ad hoc tasks as required.
- Translation of client and internal documents from Arabic to English or vice versa where required (if applicable).
Candidate profile and requirements:
- You will need a keen interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends, an openness to learning new tools and adapting how you work
- A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences and working alongside diverse people and perspectives
- A strong grasp of technology including Microsoft Office and Google Suite and an aptitude for excel, complex calculations and working with large datasets
- Ability to work effectively under pressure without compromising professional standards or quality of works and data analysis
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate and manage expectations with clients
- 1+ years of work experience with accounting or financial services; prior tax preparation and/or bookkeeping or other related accounting functions would be advantageous
- Bilingual (English and Arabic)
Important Points to Consider:
This role is currently only offered as a fixed term contract for 3 months (mid Feb - mid May).
The TAC team supports PwC practices across the Middle East, therefore extended business hours may be required during peak periods.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.