Job description / Role
Tax & Legal Services - Tax - Translation - Senior Associate - Amman
Line of Service
International Tax Services
Job Description & Summary
Due to the rapid growth of our regional Tax & Legal Services (TLS), we currently have opportunities for ambitious and motivated professionals who are able to communicate comfortably in English and Arabic as part of virtual teams.
Translators are required for our in-house translation centre based in Jordan. We support the mainstream Tax departments and work on a huge range of clients across the region.
We pursue developing our capabilities in all lines of service to embed our PwC verbal identify in Arabic. In this business area we utilise SDL Trados to assist in the translation of financial statements, proposals, reports, letters and various other types of documents needed in a professional services firm. We offer full time employment in a modern office environment.
Our Editorial - Client Services team focuses on researching, editing, and writing publications for our clients.
What you will be doing:
- You will be required to possess strong project management skills to execute the process work flow from the beginning to its final review stage, thereby working with people of different level of experience in the business area.
- Developing yourself personally, taking a keen interest in the translation services and learning the skills needed to execute them to a high level of quality in an efficient way.
- Based on request requirements the candidates will provide the service against agreed deadlines and monitors the time spent which is recorded on a timesheet system daily.
- Working with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives.
- Keeping up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world in PwC's service delivery centres.
- As Translators in the TLS team, the role includes wider practice communication responsibilities which relate to the execution of the individual work request.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas such as English and Arabic language.
- Years of Experience: 0 - 2 .
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
- Language Skills: Must have excellent communication (written and verbal) skills in English, native level of Arabic with ability to localisation in Middle East region.
- Prior translation / proofreading experience in financial/accountancy/tax/consulting and related fields and acute attention to detail, spelling and grammar are reflected in our evaluation of your skills.
- Successful candidates who grow in this role aim for certifications in their field.
- Ability to learn in a culture where one takes responsibility for their personal growth and development.
- Experience to work under pressure and meeting multiple deadlines a day while maintain a positive attitude and exemplary customer service.
- Strong interest and passion for attention to detail in a multi-cultural working environment.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Proven IT skills in the following programmes MS Office: word, excel and power point; SDL Trados.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East where the project dictates might be required.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues across different countries in the region on the translation project to ensure it is conducted in accordance with the expectation of the client lead, not breaching PwC brand guidance (verbal and visual).
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.