Job description / Role
Line of Service
General Tax Consulting
Job Description & Summary
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You'll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
Our Finance Operations team manages PwC's financial risk through financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and tactical consulting. As a part of our team, you'll assist us with budgeting, reporting, business operations, domestic and international accounting operations, and finance strategy.
- Support the Tax and Legal Services (TLS) Finance lead and take ownership of managing the end to end planning, budgeting and forecast process, including liaising with the business, budget holders and FP&A team.
- Control over TLS costs, ensuring adherence to budget, exploring opportunities of cost control, and prepare monthly actual versus budget analysis.
- Manage, coach, and guide team members.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Identify and implement cost optimization initiatives across TLS
- Ensure adherence to budgets, highlighting variance and mounting challenge as appropriate
- Overseeing of all internal cost codes for all charge types, monitor and clear as appropriate, ensuring a proactive approach to internal job code management across TLS.
- Interface between Finance team across TLS & Central finance for escalated issues to ensure proper control over costs
- Act as a single point of contact for Budget holders
- Ensure a high quality, timely, consistent delivery of service across TLS
- Build a strong business relationship with Finance and Operation teams across ME and act as a key resource and liaison with budget holders
Budgeting, Planning & forecasting
- Full responsibility of process
- Confident in using systems & tools
- Lead in discussions with business
- Consolidation, review & validation of budgets
- Agree targets and communication
- Liaise with business leaders and central finance
- Monthly cost analysis against budgets, investigate and follow-up on any variances (pre & post final)
- Direct Cost forecasting and planning
- Monthly analysis in depth of all costs pools
- Staff headcount and team performance review (Utilisation/Joiners/Leavers/staff movement)
- Ensure all costs are correctly accounted for against the correct account codes
- Support in the TLS Recruitment approval process
Monthly Performance Reporting
- Provide a monthly commentary on costs against budgets
- Support & Liaise with the Regional TLS Finance and Operation team
- Ad hoc reporting
Learning & Growth
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other areas of the business, building cross-team relationships as needed
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field required
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic
- 5+ years of experience in financial business control or business operations role including at least 3 year experience in budgeting and forecasting
- Demonstrated experience with financial accounting, management accounting, financial control a senior leadership position
- Experience in enforcing cost control across a region
- Ability to influence others while maintaining a strong working relationship with managers across the business
- Strong financial, analytical and accounting skills
- Excellent level of accuracy to a high level of detail
- Excellent calculation and analytical skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- In depth knowledge of financial operations and processes, including accounting, reporting and financial control activities would be advantageous
- Ability to influence senior management and to maintain a strong working relationship with managers across the organization
- Good organisation and office management skills to ensure coverage of workload
- Excellent project management and change management skills
- Organization, thoroughness, eye for detail, time management skills and proactivity needed
- Skilled in maintaining relationships
- Strong liaison skills, with the ability to maintain geographical relationships
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong decision making skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ethical Conduct
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.