Job description / Role
Tax - VAT/IT - Senior Associate - Amman
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Line of Service
General Tax Consulting
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Indirect Tax practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You’ll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team helps our clients optimise cash flow and reduce risk by managing challenges related to indirect taxes. You’ll support our clients with all aspects of indirect taxation related to global, regional and domestic projects as well as comprehensive restructuring and reporting value added tax projects.
• Performing initial analysis to assess the quality of the data.
• Preparing reports and dashboards, graphs and data visualisations.
• Identify areas to increase efficiency and automation of tax processes.
• Identify, evaluate and implement tools to support data validation and cleansing.
• Support the tax teams in analysing different data sets.
• Analytical skills with ability to come up with new and innovative approaches to solving complex and challenging problems.
• Contribute in developing proposals, presentations and marketing materials.
• Attend record and track minutes of meetings, develop project plans and schedules.
• Data Mining
• Data warehouse
• Proficiency in Excel, Macros, VB
• Business Intelligence tools such Power BI, Alteryx, Tableau and Hadoop is a plus.
• Proficiency in Google Suite applications is a plus.
• RPA solutions (UniPath, Automation Anymore, BluePersim) is a plus.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to coordinate project activities and work with cross-functional teams
• Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Team player
• University Degree in MIS, Finance or related.
• Finance and accounting background.
• Project Management Certifications: CAPM or above.
• Experience 4 - 8 years
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.