Job description / Role
We're looking for a Technical Support Engineer based in Amman, Jordan to provide first line helpdesk support for Fetchr's internal and external stakeholders
Fetchr is revolutionizing the world of shipment and delivery in the Middle East with cutting-edge technologies. Sending and receiving packages has never been this cool, fun, or easy. Established in the U.A.E in 2012 we have grown to over 2,500 employees spread across seven countries and growing rapidly.
We're looking for exceptional talent that want to build something revolutionary! People that enjoy the challenge of solving problems that serve our customer's and client;'s needs. If you're looking to build something you will be proud of, this is the place for you.
What you'll be doing:
The Technical Support Engineer at Fetchr will be based in our Amman, Jordan offices and you'll be responsible for performing daily activities for the Helpdesk. You will primarily be responsible for diagnosing, and helping to resolve issues in collaboration with the core engineering teams.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ticket handling, creating daily checklists, supporting and following up on tickets.
- Providing technical support for all aspects of Fetchr Applications and cloud Infrastructure.
- Providing desktop support and general configuration of software.
- Resolving client incidents and requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintaining a thorough working knowledge of Fetchr's technology landscape with the ability to respond to "How doI'' type questions.
- Troubleshooting problems and logging problem reports for recurring issues.
- Completing all work in accordance with the internal compliance guidelines.
- Ensuring that all internal IT helpdesk requests are actioned.
- Exceeding KPI's for IT/Helpdesk outputs.
- You will also be assisting with the testing of internal applications, projects and external / Client Technical Support
You will have:
- Strong communication skills in both written and verbal English.
- Previous IT Help desk experience.
- Knowledge and experience of MySQL / PostgreSQL
- Previous problem analysis and troubleshooting skills.
- The ability to deliver under pressure, working alone and within the wider team.
- Previously worked to tight deadlines.
- Experience of working in a customer orientated environment.
- Relevant technical experience.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to provide advice to non-technically aware customers.
What you'll get in return:
- Work in a high paced environment for one of the region's leading start-ups
- The opportunity to be part of building a great start-up and working alongside some of the region's top talent.
About the Company
Fetchr is a tech company revolutionizing the world of delivery across emerging markets where there are no physical addresses. In fact, half the world's population has no physical address. Fetchr has the technical solution by eliminating the need for a physical address and deliver to wherever you are. Our patented solution has changed the traditional method of delivery.
Fetchr is the first Middle Eastern company ever to be backed by the most successful venture capitalists from Silicon Valley. Sending and receiving packages has never been this seamless. Established in the UAE in 2012, we've grown to over 3000 employees spread across seven countries and growing rapidly.