Valuation, Modeling, & Economics Executive
Ernst & Young
Job description / Role
Are you building your tomorrow, today? If that sounds like you, we invite you to pursue a career with our industry leading Valuation and Modeling and Economics practice ( Learn more about our VME Services ).
At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, you'll have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. We're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a VME Executive at EY, you will help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. Our team of strategic advisors sits at the heart of a global Valuation & Modelling and Economics network of specialists who deliver high quality solutions on values creation through each phase of a decision-making support process.
EY has dedicated teams providing full suite of Valuation, Modeling and Economic Advisory solutions across a range of sectors and clients, including:
- Real Estate, Hospitality and Construction (RHC)
- Corporate Business Modeling & Valuations
- Government Public Sector (GPS)
- Economic Advisory (EA)
- Decision Analytics (DA)
- Capital Equipment
Your key responsibilities
As an Executive within our VME team, part of your role will involve developing experience across a range of different type of engagements understanding the key business drivers, co-developing our approach with the client, agreeing value measurements, and providing value to the client through insights, factual conclusions, and advice.
You will make technical contributions to valuation client engagements and internal projects by gaining a thorough understanding of the target business and its market, and of clients' issues, performing research and analysis of the target's industry and of quoted companies operating in that sector.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strategic mindset - you will help clients identifying source of value creation and quantifying it. You will need to have a solution-oriented mind-set to act as a truly Corporate Finance advisor to leverage on EY capabilities and assist clients in solving their issues and unlocking potential for value growth
- Commercial Acumen - as part of the team you will regularly advise businesses on valuations issues with regards to acquisition, divestitures or restructuring and provide fairness opinions on transactions and restructurings
- Regulatory and Accounting knowledge -you will work with management as part of an acquisition process to understand how the value of acquired intangible and financial assets will impact accounting requirements, provide fair value opinion for financial reporting purpose
To qualify for the role, you must have
- As a minimum, a bachelor's degree in finance, economics, accounting, or business and at least 3-5 years of related business valuation work experience business valuation work experience
- Previous business valuation, capital allocation, portfolio optimization, corporate finance or strategy background experience
- Financial modeling skills including experience building models from scratch.
- Experience of performing appraisals in accordance with a variety of international and local valuation standards and legislation for a variety of purposes including:
- Valuations for transactional purposes
- Financial reporting valuations (IFRS 3 PPA, 9 Financial Instruments, 13 Fair Value Measurement and IAS 36 Impairment of Assets IAS 37 & IAS 38)
- Regulatory valuations (Tax or IPO)
- Dispute purposes
- Decision support and Strategic value advisory purposes
- Experience in the application of the following valuation approaches, methodologies and discounts and premia:
- Income Approach - Discount Cash flow (DCF) & Capitalization Methods
- Market Approach
- Guideline Publicly traded Companies Methods (GPCM)
- Precedent Transactions, including:
- 3rd Party transaction
- Prior transactions method
- Derivation and experience in the application of control premiums and minority discounts
- Derivation and experience in the application of lack of marketability discounts including knowledge of the application of the Finnerty put option method
- Detailed knowledge and insights regarding the components of WACC and CAPM including:
- Risk Free Rate
- Derivation of Beta
- Equity Risk Premium (Historical & Implied)
- Country Risk Premium
- Size Premium
- Currency Risk Premium
- Specific Company Risk Premium (Assessment and Quantification)
- Assessment of Industry D/E ratios
- Estimation of the Cost of Debt
- Be highly competent in the analysis of historical and prospective financial information including application of and interpretation of financial ratios analysis
- Experience with reviews of 3rd party valuation reports as part of audit processes, and/or as part of dispute processes
- Strong MS Excel skills and experience in preparation of financial models for various valuation purposes
Ideally, you'll also have
- Regional experience preferred
- Previous valuation experience in consulting firm or Big 4 Firm
- Previous experience in coaching teams of junior and senior staff
- High business acumen and strategic mind set
- Experience in the analysis and/or process of development of Business plans, budgets and preparation of feasibility studies (including development of supply & demand analysis and assessment of market size, supply-demand gap determination and commodity price analysis)
- An ability to structure and build in accordance with best practices complex financial models including project financing models and an ability to write macros in MS Excel
- Knowledge of approaches and methodologies used in the appraisal of complex securities (derivatives) is an advantage
- Experience in the review of financial models and the structure of procedures required for effective review of financial models
- Knowledge of data analytical programming and programs (Python etc.) and data visualization tools (PowerBI VBA etc.)
What we look for
Solution driven individual and "out-of-comfort" zone thinker with demonstrated record of solving complex problems and completing challenging projects. We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for valuations and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients, goals.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region